We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

over 300 functions of Excel

How do I call these functions to give me the same answer as Excel? It appears that this marketing sales pitch only refers to the ability to write function statements out to an xls file. I want to execute these functions without Excel, using either ExcelRW or Grid or both. i.e. Excel equivalent function calls that return Excel equivalent results. Please advise. Thanks, Greg

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 28, 2004 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Greg, ExcelRW can only be used to write the function statements to an xls file. All the calculations are done by MS Excel when the file is opened, so there is no way to call these functions directly without using MS Excel. However, this can be done using Essential Grid. Essential Grid has a built in formula engine that supports many of Excel''s functions. We are constantly adding new functions to the formula engine and even in the eventuality that a specific function is not found in the formula engine, you can easily implement the function yourself. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >How do I call these functions to give me the same answer as Excel? > >It appears that this marketing sales pitch only refers to the ability to write function statements out to an xls file. > >I want to execute these functions without Excel, using either ExcelRW or Grid or both. i.e. Excel equivalent function calls that return Excel equivalent results. > >Please advise. > >Thanks, >Greg >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon