We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Distinguishing source of form close in MDI - XP Menus

Hello, We''re using the Syncfusion XP menus in our MDI application and I need to be able to determine how a form was closed. If a Form is maximized and I click the "X" button of the form, the only event that is generated when I click the "X" is the Closing event. If I close the Form through some programmatically the Closed event is fired, too, and I have no way to distinguish between the actual source of the closing. If I use the regular toolbar that ships with the Winforms framework, I can override the WndProc method and look for the WM_SYSCOMMAND message and the SC_CLOSE parameter to detect when the user clicks the "X". This works when the form is both maximized and in the Normal state. (See http://www.syncfusion.com/faq/winforms/search/862.asp for an example). When using the Syncfusion XP menu and the main toolbar style is set to IsMainMenu, however, the WM_SYSCOMMAND message is not generated when the MDI child is maximized and the "X" is clicked, and I am not sure what else I could check. Thanks for any guidance, -Paul

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 27, 2004 08:51 PM UTC

Hi Paul, I have requested the folks at the development team for their inputs on this issue, and will update you as soon as I have more information available. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

PL Paul Laudeman July 28, 2004 10:49 AM UTC

Thanks Guru, and please keep me posted! -Paul

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 29, 2004 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Paul, We could recreate this error here, and have classified this as a shortcoming of our XPMenus framework. A QA report #509 has been logged in this regard, and we will try our very best to address this issue at the earliest. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 30, 2004 06:15 PM UTC

Hi Paul, This issue (QA# 509) has been taken care of internally and the fixes are expected to be included in the next release of Essential Suite. The main-menus will now generate the WM_SYSCOMMAND with SC_CLOSE and SC_MINIMIZE when the user clicks/selects the corresponding buttons/menu items in the system buttons/system menus portion of the main-menu. Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SS Sandeep Singh Rawat August 28, 2004 07:00 AM UTC

When I right click on close(X) button (top right) it opens up a menu which includes the option close. After that when I click anywhere else window get closed. Do u hav any solution regarding this. >Hi Paul, > >This issue (QA# 509) has been taken care of internally and the fixes are expected to be included in the next release of Essential Suite. The main-menus will now generate the WM_SYSCOMMAND with SC_CLOSE and SC_MINIMIZE when the user clicks/selects the corresponding buttons/menu items in the system buttons/system menus portion of the main-menu. Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 30, 2004 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Sandy, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. This is indeed a shortcoming in our TabbedMDIManager framework''s context-menu, and I have notified the development team in this regard. We will try our very best to fix this at the earliest, and I will notify you when this is done. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 31, 2004 05:30 PM UTC

Hi Sandy, This issue has now been taken care of internally, and fixes are expected to be incorporated in the next release of Essential Suite (post v2.1.0.9 releases). We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon