We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Non-Alpha Sorting of Grouped Records

I have a grouping grid that is grouped by a certain column, i.e. "Duration" Typically examples of Duration are Duration 0 to 1 Duration 6 to 6 Duration 10 to 12 The problem is I don''t want the grouping to be sorted by the aphanumeric value of the text, I actually have a numeirc value for each Duration item as well. I could prefix the Duration column with its corresponding numeric value to get grouped sorting to work - but that''s not ideally what I want. Do I have to hook into one of the rendering events to pick out the correct description for a value, ie Name/Value approach? Thanks Jason

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 29, 2004 02:01 PM UTC

Here is a sample that has implementation for IComparer and ICategorizer and changing the caption text in QueryCellStyleInfo. This sample groups the rows into groups based on ranges of values. For instance, one set of rows will have values in the range 1-10, another in the range 11-25.

JH Jason Hales August 11, 2005 12:40 PM UTC

just got round to trying this...a year after I asked the question...and it works a treat Thanks Jason

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon