We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridDataBoundGrid, loose anchoring as well size

I have attatched a sample application. In that i have and MDI form which contains a child form, which contains a GDBG anchored from all 4 corners. When i minimize the child window and then close(Actually it is made hidden instead of close, cos thats a requirement)it at minimized state. then on reopening that form, the grid looses its size, and apparently anchoring. im using Syncfusion version: 1.6.1.8 and .Net 1.0 WindowsApplication2_3795.zip

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 26, 2004 07:48 AM UTC

I was able to avoid the problem by placing a Panel on child form where you currently have the grid, positioning and anchoring this panel. Then drop the grid into this panel and set its Dock=Fill. The problem is that the grid is being created and positioned on the child form before the childform is set to its final position and size. I will forward this to teh development team to see if there is something we can do to manage this in a future release, but if you want to use it in 1.6.1.8, then adding a panel to work around it would be one thing to try.

NA Naveed Ahmed Siddiqui July 28, 2004 03:45 AM UTC

Actually i tried that workaround already, and it seems to work ok in the sample, but some how it doesnot in the actual application, and i''m still unable to find y. Anyways thnx for the reply. >I was able to avoid the problem by placing a Panel on child form where you currently have the grid, positioning and anchoring this panel. Then drop the grid into this panel and set its Dock=Fill. > >The problem is that the grid is being created and positioned on the child form before the childform is set to its final position and size. I will forward this to teh development team to see if there is something we can do to manage this in a future release, but if you want to use it in 1.6.1.8, then adding a panel to work around it would be one thing to try.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 2, 2004 12:55 PM UTC

This is fixed in the upcoming 2.1.0.x release that should be out sometime this week or next.

KL Ken Law October 7, 2004 05:01 PM UTC

I found this posting while searching for problems with the Anchor property. I have a TabControlAdv in an MDI child form with its Anchor property set to Left,Top,Right. (I''m using Tabbed MDI). The tab control never seems to anchor to the right side of its parent. This problem reported here with a grid is similar and was fixed in 2.1. I am using 2.1.0.9. Any ideas?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 06:07 PM UTC

Hi Ken, I have created a Direct-Trac incident #14025 in this regard, and have updated you there. Please refer to my response and let me know if you need further assistance. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon