We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Stopping tab activation when right clicking...

Is there any way to stop the TabControlAdv control activating the tab a user r clicks on... Typically we have a close menu on this and its annoying that it first brings the tab to the foreground....

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 26, 2004 09:07 PM UTC

Hi Peterainbow, You could do so by handling the TabControlAdv''s SelectedIndexChanging event as shown in the code snippet below : private void tabControlAdv1_SelectedIndexChanging(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SelectedIndexChangingEventArgs args) { if (Control.MouseButtons == MouseButtons.Right) args.Cancel = true; } Please refer to the complete sample attached here, and let me know if this works for you. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 27, 2004 06:25 AM UTC

Yep that worked, i found the following useful hitTabIndex = tabControl.HitTestTabs(tabControl.PointToClient(Cursor.Position)); to find which tab was being hit.... Might be nice in future iterations of the tools to have r click activation as a style property

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 27, 2004 10:13 AM UTC

Hi Peterainbow, Thanks for the update. I have forwarded you suggestion to the development team and we could consider this as a feature request for a future release of Essential Tools. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon