We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GetSelectedRows and Full Table Selection

I am using 2.0.5.1 and when I click in the upper left corner of a GridControl, all the table is selected. However, when I call GetSelectedRows(false,True) to get the rows (and also consider current cell, I get only one range, and the top and bottom of the range is 0. I would expect it to return rng.Top = 0 and rng.Bottom = number of rows. Is this intended behavior?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 22, 2004 01:38 PM UTC

Yes, this is by design. Each GridRangeInfo object has a RangeType member, and depending on the RangeType, the other members like Left, Right, Top and Bottom may be populated with valid values or not. But, again depending upon RangeType, some of these values may be meaningless. In the case when the RangeType is Table (as in this your case), none of the values can be used. If you want to force a GridRangeInfo object to have fully populated members, then use code like: range = range.Expand(1, 1, grid.RowCount, grid.ColCount); This will guarantee Top, Botton, Left and Right are populated as you expected.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 23, 2004 01:20 PM UTC

Thank you!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon