We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

CombBoxAutoComplete - Questions

Hi, I''m using the combo box auto complete, by setting it a data source, and adding two columns to the auto complete control. One is not visible for the value, and the other one is visible for the display. My questions are: 1. How can get the value member when an item is selected. 2. How can I set the combo box auto complete current selected item programmaticly? 3.The text in the drop down list is aligned to the left, even though the control is defined as right to left and I''m writing in RTL language. Tahnks in advance, Gil K

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2004 10:35 AM UTC

Hi Gil, I have created a test sample that has a ComboBoxAutoComplete with a DataSource that has 2 columns. 1. According to my understanding you wish to display only one column of the selected row in the ComboBoxAutoComplete''s editable portion (display member) and the hide the other column (value member). When you select a display member you wish to get the associated value member for it. You could do so by handling the AutoCompleteControl''s AutoCompleteItemSelected as shown in the sample. 2. I have requested the folks at the development team for their suggestions in this regard, and will update you as soon as I hear from them. 3. I do see this problem here and have notified the development team on this. We will try our very best to address this issue at the earliest. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon