We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Binding grid to some other Dataset

I am binding a DataBoundGrid to a Dataset with two tables.On some event I want to bind the grid to some other DataTable.Want to display some other data not the previous one. I wrote following code on that event which generated exception. this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataMember = "Messages"; this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataSource = messageTable; (messageTable is DataTable) The exception was Cannot create a child list for field Messages. How to handle this?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 15, 2004 03:56 PM UTC

Try switching the order of the two statements. this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataSource = MessageTable; this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataMember = "Messages"; If that does not do it, then add this code first. this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataSource = null; this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataMember = "";

UM Umangi July 15, 2004 04:04 PM UTC

Hi Clay, Thanks for your quick responses. The problem is still there. Even I tried DataMember = Null; Umangi

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 15, 2004 04:11 PM UTC

If you are setting DataSource to a DataTable (messageTable), then the only reason to set DataMember = "Messages" is if "Messages" is a name of a DataRelation that you want to see in a hierarchical grid. Is this the case? If not, then DataMember should just be set to "".

UM Umangi July 15, 2004 04:57 PM UTC

This does not generate exception but only first column is displayed. And when I try to bind with original data I write following code. this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataMember = "QueryThreads"; this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataSource = dataSet; GridHierarchyLevel queryLevel = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.AddRelation("QueryThreadQuery"); Now the following exception is generated ''Cannot create a child list for field QueryThreads.'' Clay, Can u help me?

UM Umangi July 15, 2004 05:18 PM UTC

I did DataMember = ""; DataSource = dataSet; And It''s working! Sorry for the trouble

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon