We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Filter bar custom dialog

Hi, At the filter bar, when clicking the arrow down in any column, a list of values plus the items "none" and "custom" are dropped down. When clicking "custom", a custom filtering dialog appears. I need to display the text in the "custom" filter dialog, and the "none/custom" items in the filter bar drop down list in a different language. 1.Is it possible to change the text in the mentioned places? 2. Is it possible to implement my own custom filter dialog and call it when custom is seleceted? Thanks in advance, Gil K

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 12, 2004 01:18 PM UTC

If you are using our 2.0 release, there is support for adding your own custom dialog and changing the language text. The Grid\Samples\DataBound\FilterBarGrid shows how you can swap German for the default English as well as display a custom dialog.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2005 10:41 AM UTC

Hello, the localization of the custom filter dialog works fine. I need the functionality of the custom filter dialog but also want to change some things (icon, form text,...) and add some additional features. I want to devive from this class. Is this possible and where is the class? Thx for help! Br, Matt

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2005 11:19 AM UTC

That class is internal, so you cannot access it. But if you have the source code version, you can just copy the code for that form into your project. The file is \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Src\Extensions\DataBound\GridFilterBarCustomDlg.cs. There is a forum thread that does something like this for the GridGroupingControl filterbar. If you do not have the source code for our libraries, you can get the custom dialog code from that sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=25998

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon