We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Where to place licence key in flutter project..

I'm working on a flutter project and use syncfusion_flutter_chart package. I have licence key from applied community licence. I don't know where to place licence key in my flutter project? When I want to get license key it's said "A licence key is not required to register in essential studio flutter from version 18.3" .
Is it mean i not need to place license key in my project? Or what?
Thanks..

8 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

DP Dharanitharan Palanisamy Syncfusion Team February 15, 2021 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Iiem, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. Yes, as the message conveys, you are not required license key. In our vol 3 main release which rolled out by 1st October 2020, we have removed our licensing from our Flutter widgets framework and so, license key registration is not required for Flutter widgets if you are using v18.3.x or later versions i.e., hereafter you don’t need to register the generated license in your project if you are using v18.3.x or later versions of our Flutter widgets. 

Thanks, 
Dharanitharan. P 

Marked as answer

RJ Rahul Joshi July 20, 2023 11:11 AM UTC

Dear Dharanitharan,

I wanted to inquire whether the plugin is now available as open-source. If it is, this would mean that there is no longer a requirement to make payments for its usage in the latest version.

HK Hariharasudhan Kanagaraj Syncfusion Team July 21, 2023 09:57 AM UTC

Hi Rahul Joshi,

We would like to let you know that all our Flutter widgets are open source. However, you need to have a Syncfusion Flutter license to use our Flutter widgets in your applications. But there is no need to add the license key anywhere in your project. The Flutter widgets from Syncfusion can be used without registering the license keys.

You can refer to the Syncfusion licensing terms and conditions from the below links.

https://github.com/syncfusion/flutter-examples/blob/master/LICENSE

https://help.syncfusion.com/flutter/licensing/overview

And you can get more details about our community license from the below link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/products/communitylicense

Regards,
Hari Hara Sudhan. K.

RJ Rahul Joshi July 21, 2023 10:53 AM UTC

Hello Hariharasudhan,

I am confused about the terms "open source" and "Syncfusion Flutter license" in relation to the use of our Flutter widgets. 

"Syncfusion Flutter license" terms say that license(Community License) is free only if gross revenue of less than one (1) million U.S. dollars ($1,000,000.00 USD) per year and have less than five (5) developers in the organization.

Does it mean if I am not eligible for a Community license then I have to buy a "PAID" Commercial License? Or as you said Flutter widgets are open source so that it is totally free of cost in any condition?

Please clarify as "Open Source" vs "Syncfusion Flutter license" is creating lots of confusion.

RJ Rahul Joshi July 24, 2023 08:25 AM UTC

Hello Hariharasudhan,

Could you kindly provide any updates regarding the previous message?

HK Hariharasudhan Kanagaraj Syncfusion Team July 24, 2023 11:16 AM UTC

Hi Rahul Joshi,

Apologies for the misunderstanding in our previous response. We have moved our development sources to a public GitHub repository, and it will be updated with every major release. However, please note that the Syncfusion Flutter widgets are not open source. Therefore, you will need either a commercial or community license to use them in your application.

Regards,
Hari Hara Sudhan. K.

RJ Rahul Joshi July 25, 2023 05:46 AM UTC

Hello Hariharasudhan,

In case We have purchased a license then In which location should we place a commercial or community license to utilize them in my application?

Please check the below screenshot we do have not the required license to use this "syncfusion_flutter_charts: ^20.3.57" plugin in the latest version.

Regards,
Rahul Joshi

HK Hariharasudhan Kanagaraj Syncfusion Team July 26, 2023 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Rahul Joshi,

To use the Syncfusion Flutter Widgets in your application, you need either a commercial license or a community license. However, if you are using version 18.3.0.x or later, there is no need to register the Syncfusion Flutter License keys anywhere in your Flutter project.

If you are using version 18.3.0.x or lower, please follow the link below to register the license key in your application.

How to register license key (18.3.0.x or lower): https://help.syncfusion.com/flutter/licensing/overview#how-to-register-in-an-application

Regards,

Hari Hara Sudhan. K.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon