We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

I Keep Losing the Settings in Designer for mainframebarmanager

I keep loosing the settings in the designer. The following stupid things keep happening to me: 1- I have a TreeViewAdv inside a panel that is under the control of a Docking manager. I do not why, but from time to time the Tree does not show inside the designer and all the events become unwired (several panels and trees). 2- I have a mainframebarmanager. After spending time setting the Cathegories, the commands, the bars, etc. All of a suden after running the debuger, sometimes but not always, all the customization gets lost and the Customizing manager just shows a single cathegory (Form1) and the rest of the customization becomes lost and I get a mess in the code beyond repair. I have been forced several times to delete all traces of baritems from the code and redo the customization. All this is very wastefull. Is it just me or this happens to other people ?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 9, 2004 11:11 AM UTC

Hi I guerra Here are a few suggestions we have on the problem you are encountering: a. Did this happen after an upgrade from a previous version of Essential Suite? b. Do you have more than one version of Essential Suite installed on your machine? c. Can you check the references of your project and see that they are correct? d. Do you have copy local = true in the references for syncfusion dlls? If so can you try setting copy local = false in the references for syncfusion dlls and see if it helps? e. Can you go your GAC (C:\WINDOWS\assembly folder) and delete all the syncfusion and syncfusion policy dlls. Then run the Assembly Manager from the Start Menu (Start->Programs->Syncfusion->Essential Suite->Assembly Manager) and choose Default-Prebuilt option (which refers to the latest version on your machine). This will update your GAC with the proper dlls. Regards Arun

FR Fabian Russo July 13, 2004 01:36 PM UTC

This has also happened to me 2 times in the past couple of weeks. I uninstalled Essential Suite, deleted the entire directory then re-installed it and made sure references were set to local. I still lost my entire main menu again yesterday. The only thing I was doing was changing the WindowsXP themes while the app was running in the debugger. When I closed the app my main menu was gone from the VS 2003 designer. >Hi I guerra > >Here are a few suggestions we have on the problem you are encountering: > >a. Did this happen after an upgrade from a previous version of Essential Suite? > >b. Do you have more than one version of Essential Suite installed on your machine? > >c. Can you check the references of your project and see that they are correct? > >d. Do you have copy local = true in the references for syncfusion dlls? If so can you try setting copy local = false in the references for syncfusion dlls and see if it helps? > >e. Can you go your GAC (C:\WINDOWS\assembly folder) and delete all the syncfusion and syncfusion policy dlls. Then run the Assembly Manager from the Start Menu (Start->Programs->Syncfusion->Essential Suite->Assembly Manager) and choose Default-Prebuilt option (which refers to the latest version on your machine). This will update your GAC with the proper dlls. > >Regards >Arun

JI JianLi August 2, 2004 10:55 PM UTC

At first I have the same problem. After following the step "e", It works fine. But it is not stable, sometimes but not offen it happens.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon