We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

>8 MDI children causes a hang

I created 2 forms (an MDI parent & child) and the parent has a TabbedMDIManager and ab MDIListBarItem (shows the list of MDI child Windows). It works great, for instance when I open 3 child forms, the Window menu shows : [1] Window 1 [2] Window 2 [3] Window 3 etc.. however, when I open more than 9 windows, the entire app just freezes up! Can anyone provide an explanation/workaround?!?

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 7, 2004 06:35 PM UTC

Hi Daniel We were unable to reproduce the problem. Can you post steps to reproduce this in the TabbedMDI sample (located in the Tools\samples\Tabbed MDI Package\TabbedMDI folder) that ships with Essential Tools. I played around with that sample and added upto 20 children and could not reproduce it. Regards Arun

DC Daniel Chait July 7, 2004 07:29 PM UTC

The TabbedMDI example you ship uses a standard MS Forms Menu, not the SyncFusion XPMenu. Replace it with the XPMenus version of the MDIList Bar Item and you''ll see when you add more than 9 MDI children that it hangs up.

DC Daniel Chait July 8, 2004 04:12 PM UTC

Any update on this issue?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 8, 2004 05:30 PM UTC

Daniel, I''m using also the MDIListBarItem and I can open 20 MDI childs without any problems. It''s a common application and I never saw what you describe. I''m using currently 2.0.5.1. Regards Thomas

DC Daniel Chait July 8, 2004 05:55 PM UTC

Ok, I made minimal edits to your shipping MDI sample to show the error. Attached please find a TabbedMDICSSample_405.zip which demonstrates the issue. Upon starting the app you''ll see a "Syncfusion MDI Windows" menu which lists the open MDI children (there should be 4 to start with). Then, right-click on a tab and choose "Custom Item: Insert new doc" -- this will create a new MDI child. Note at this point that the Syncfusion MDI windows menu still functions properly. Now, repeat the Insert New Doc until you have 10 MDI children. At this point, try the SyncFusion MDI windows menu item -- it will just hang.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 8, 2004 06:01 PM UTC

I''m testing your sample and follow your instructions. I''m opening 21 childs, without any problems. My environment is: XP SP1 VS 2003 Framework 1.1 without any hotfix Regards Thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 8, 2004 06:02 PM UTC

One addition: I''m turning off the Visual Styles of XP. Regards Thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 8, 2004 06:09 PM UTC

I''m turning on the Visual Styles, no difference. I''m also checking if there is a difference between debug and release version, it works fine. Which version do you use? Check you GAC folder, maybe you''ll have any old policiy files/assembly registrations that are not for the current version. Did you check the behaviour on another computer? Regards Thomas

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon