We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

custom grouping/summaries in a GDBG

Referring to the same ideas in this post... http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=15751 ... is there any way to perform the same sort of custom grouping using a GDBG, rather than a GroupingControl? Additionally, is there a way to attach a summary row to each group in a GDBG such that each column in the summary row is bound to (and lined up with) a corresponding row in that summary row''s group? I do not need nested groups/tables as my data source is essentially flat (it''s an ArrayList of objects). Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 1, 2004 08:01 PM UTC

We currently have no samples of doing this in GridDataBoundGrid. Maybe some of our users have done this, and will post here.

CM Clario Menezes July 2, 2004 10:44 AM UTC

So it''s actually possible to do all this (custom grouping with a summary row per group) in a GDBG? Is it possible to do it all using a GroupingControl? In particular, is it possible to a summary row per group such that the columns in the summary row line up with the columns of the group it belongs to?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 2, 2004 12:47 PM UTC

I have never seen it done so I do not know whether or not it can be done in a GridDataBoundGrid. My opinion is that it would take significant work to do it in a GridDataBoundGrid. You can have summaries appearing in every group in a GridGroupingControl.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon