We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MainFrameBarManager & ChildFrameBarManager: Adding bar items to existing tool bars

Hi, I have a main form (which is MDI container) and an a second form which is MDI child. The MDI child form is loaded into the tabbed MDI manager. I have a mainFrameBarManager in the main form and and a childFrameBarManager at the child form. The mainFrameBarManager defiles two tool bars, and the childManager defines another tool bar. When I open the child form, the child''s tool bar is added to the main form tool bars as a new tool bar, as expected. My question: Is it possible to create bar items for the child form, and add them to the already defined tool bars in the main form, rather adding a whole new tool bar? Sometimes, I have child windows which I need to add only one item to the toolbar, and I don''t need to a add a whole new toolber (it doesn''t look good so many tool bars). I want to add\remove bar items dynamiclly in the already defined bars. Is it possible? (If it is, I''ll be happy to get an example!) Thank you very much, Gil K

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 1, 2004 04:40 PM UTC

Hi Gil, Toolbars with the same BarName (in different Forms) will be merged, so you need to have ToolBars of the same name in the MainFrameBarManager and ChildFrameBarManager if you want the Toolbars to merge. You can see this in the XPMenus sample (located in the Tools\samples\Menus Package\XPMenusMDI folder). Also take a look at the MDI Merging section in the Essential Tools Users Guide for more information on this topic. Regards Arun

DC Daniel Chait July 8, 2004 12:54 PM UTC

>Toolbars with the same BarName (in different Forms) will be merged True, however it seems that *Categories* with the same name will not be merged in the customize dialog box, no? So for instance I have a MDI parent form, with a MainFrameBarManager, which has a category called "MenuItems" where I''ve added the menu items for the parent window (FileNew, FileExit, etc). Then I have a MDI child form with a ChildFrameBarManager, which also has its own category called "MenuItems" where I''ve added the menu items that go with a child form (FileClose, FileSave, etc.) The menus merge properly, however they do not merge in the Customize dialog -- so for instance I see two "MenuItems" categories in the customize dialog at runtime. Is there a way to correct this?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 9, 2004 05:28 PM UTC

Hi Daniel Currently the Customize Dialog lists the items seperately for each of the Forms. We will add this as a feature request for consideration in a future release. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon