We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Scrollbar and column resizing issue

I have a need to allow my grid controls to allow the column to resize outside the grid borders. I found and set the property for this and it appears to work, however I am having several issue with it: 1. Once you have resized the column outside the width of the area, how can you resize it again. 2. Should the OnSizeChanged event fire when changing a column width? I am using that event to do an intial sizing of the columns when the entire grid size is first set (inside a virtual control).

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 30, 2004 12:16 PM UTC

1) If you are using 2.0.x and set HScrollPixel = true, I think you could scroll to the end of the column and size things from there. But with pixel scrolling (in 2.0.x only), there is no default UI code within our library to handle this situation. You will have to do something yourself. Maybe you would resize things when your user double clicks anywhere in the header cell on the wide column. 2) OnSizeChanged is the Control method that responds to sizing the bounds of the control. It does not have anything to do with sizing columns per se. You can try catching either grid.Model.ColWidthsChanged or grid.Model.ColWidthsChanging.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 30, 2004 12:35 PM UTC

Yes but the problem is the OnSizeChanged event is getting fired when changing the column width, when I don''t expect it to. I will try the HScrollPixel value. >1) If you are using 2.0.x and set HScrollPixel = true, I think you could scroll to the end of the column and size things from there. > >But with pixel scrolling (in 2.0.x only), there is no default UI code within our library to handle this situation. You will have to do something yourself. Maybe you would resize things when your user double clicks anywhere in the header cell on the wide column. > >2) OnSizeChanged is the Control method that responds to sizing the bounds of the control. It does not have anything to do with sizing columns per se. > >You can try catching either grid.Model.ColWidthsChanged or grid.Model.ColWidthsChanging.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 30, 2004 12:55 PM UTC

Well the HScrollPixel setting lets me get there but the behaviour is truly bizzarre. First when using the arrows on the scroll bar the behaviour is the same (can''t get to the end), also the text seems to get cut off at the end of the longest string (seems like it is blocked by the vertical scrollbar). However if I move the slider over to the right edge then the column scolls all the way over (and I can resize from there), but I use an image and when I use this method the images placement remains static and the text becomes overlayed ontop of it. Is there anyway to prevent the vertical scrollbar from going all the way up to the header row?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 30, 2004 02:22 PM UTC

The text overwriting the image has been fixed here in our latest private builds. If you submit a direct trac support incident, you canget instructions as to how to get a private build. I am not exactly sure what you want regarding the placement of the vertical scrollbar. You do have the option of hiding the grid''s scrollbar, and adding a Windows Forms scrollbar any where you want to put it, and use that to scroll the grid. (See grid\samples\quickstart\scrollbars).

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon