We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Displaying a docking window without Activating it

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

15857 Jun 29,2004 07:02 AM Jun 30,2004 06:01 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Tools
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On June 29, 2004 07:02 AM

Is there a way to display a docked window (ie bring it to the front) without using ActivateControl. The situation is that when a particular edit control on a form gets the focus I need to display one of my docking panes, without the edit control losing the focus. Using ActivateControl on the edit control''s Enter event hangs my application.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 30, 2004 06:01 AM

Hi Paul, I created a small sample to recreate the problem. Please take a look at this sample and let me know if it hangs for you. Forum_Paul_DisplayDockControlWithoutActivation_2952.zip Steps to Run the sample ------------------------ 1) Run the sample and click on the Gridcontrol tab so that the grid is in view. 2) Then click on the text box, you will notice that the calculator is brought to the view and the edit control retains the focus. Thanks. Stephen. >Is there a way to display a docked window (ie bring it to the front) without using ActivateControl. > >The situation is that when a particular edit control on a form gets the focus I need to display one of my docking panes, without the edit control losing the focus. Using ActivateControl on the edit control''s Enter event hangs my application.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;