We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Displaying a docking window without Activating it

Is there a way to display a docked window (ie bring it to the front) without using ActivateControl. The situation is that when a particular edit control on a form gets the focus I need to display one of my docking panes, without the edit control losing the focus. Using ActivateControl on the edit control''s Enter event hangs my application.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 30, 2004 10:01 AM UTC

Hi Paul, I created a small sample to recreate the problem. Please take a look at this sample and let me know if it hangs for you. Forum_Paul_DisplayDockControlWithoutActivation_2952.zip Steps to Run the sample ------------------------ 1) Run the sample and click on the Gridcontrol tab so that the grid is in view. 2) Then click on the text box, you will notice that the calculator is brought to the view and the edit control retains the focus. Thanks. Stephen. >Is there a way to display a docked window (ie bring it to the front) without using ActivateControl. > >The situation is that when a particular edit control on a form gets the focus I need to display one of my docking panes, without the edit control losing the focus. Using ActivateControl on the edit control''s Enter event hangs my application.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon