We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

The type initializer for "Syncfusion.ExcelRW.ExcelUtils" threw an exception at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.ExcelUtils.CreateWorkbook( Int32 numberOfSheets )

I have an application which uses both Grid and ExcelRW controls. The Grid controls works fine, however when trying to create excel report (ExcelRW) the above exception is thrown. Please advice

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 30, 2004 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Ilya, Are you using version 2.0.5.0. If so, please upgrade to version 2.0.5.1 or later since there was a licencing issue with ExcelRW prior to 2.0.5.1. Please try this and let me know if that doesnt help. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >I have an application which uses both Grid and ExcelRW controls. The Grid controls works fine, however when trying to create excel report (ExcelRW) the above exception is thrown. > >Please advice

IL Ilya July 29, 2004 08:12 AM UTC

Upgrading to 2.0.5.1 doesnt seem to solve the issue >Hi Ilya, > >Are you using version 2.0.5.0. If so, please upgrade to version 2.0.5.1 or later since there was a licencing issue with ExcelRW prior to 2.0.5.1. Please try this and let me know if that doesnt help. Thanks. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>I have an application which uses both Grid and ExcelRW controls. The Grid controls works fine, however when trying to create excel report (ExcelRW) the above exception is thrown. >> >>Please advice

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 2, 2004 02:51 AM UTC

Hi Ilya, Could you please try removing the ExcelRW component from your project and add it to your project again from the toolbox. Please note that the ExcelRW component has to be dragged from the toolbox onto your form. Make sure that there is an entry for ExcelRW in the "licenses.licx" file You can also manually add this entry in the "licenses.licx" file Syncfusion.ExcelRW.ExcelRWConfig, Syncfusion.ExcelRW Please let me know if that doesnt work. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Upgrading to 2.0.5.1 doesnt seem to solve the issue >>Hi Ilya, >> >>Are you using version 2.0.5.0. If so, please upgrade to version 2.0.5.1 or later since there was a licencing issue with ExcelRW prior to 2.0.5.1. Please try this and let me know if that doesnt help. Thanks. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>I have an application which uses both Grid and ExcelRW controls. The Grid controls works fine, however when trying to create excel report (ExcelRW) the above exception is thrown. >>> >>>Please advice

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon