We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Binder.AddRelation returns null

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

15643 Jun 23,2004 09:33 PM UTC Jun 23,2004 10:12 PM UTC Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Dan
Asked On June 23, 2004 09:33 PM UTC

The call to Binder.AddRelation() in the enclosed simple file returns null. This causes the call to .LayoutColumns to fail. I have other more complicated GDBG apps working, but need this to work as a starting point to test some other functionality. Can anyone determine why I get null? Thanks. Simple_4263.zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 23, 2004 10:12 PM UTC

Changing two things made your code work Ok for me. 1) In addition to setting the DataSource, also set the DataMember. (This is necessary if you have a Dataset as your DataSource. If you use teh parent datatable as the datasource, you would not need to set the DataMember). LoadData(); this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataSource = ds; this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataMember = "LastNames"; 2) change the second LayoutColumns line to hier1.LayoutColumns( new string[] { "Last", "First" } );

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;