We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Bind Chart to DataSet

Can the Chart control be bound to any sort of datasource?? I am trying my best to figure this out but I have been unsucessful. The only examples I can find use the method Series.Points.Add(DateTime, Double). Also, when using the Series.Points.Add, what exactly is the purpose of the DateTime?? Thanks, sorry I hassled you so much today!

3 Replies

KM kevin musters June 24, 2004 12:40 PM UTC

I settled for using a ListArray, loading in my data using a "for" statement. It works, not what I wanted though.

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team June 25, 2004 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Kevin, The ChartControl can be used with a data source by implementing the IChartSerieModel interface. I will create a sample and put it up for download at the earliest. The Points.Add method has the following overloads: public void Add(double x, params double[] yValues) public void Add(double x, double y) public void Add(double x, params DateTime[] dates) public void Add(double x, DateTime date) public void Add(ChartPoint cp) public void Add(DateTime date, params double[] yValues) public void Add(DateTime date, double y) As you can see, the DateTime values are used when needed. The most common overload would be the public void Add(double x, double y) with a single double value for the x and y axes. Regards, Davis

KM kevin musters June 25, 2004 02:30 PM UTC

Thanks a ton!!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon