We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Gridcolumns collection

Hi, How can i get the collection of columns without any formatted entry (no entry for ''X'', ''.''), just the actual columns? when i see in debug i see a property ''GridColumns" (this.griddataboundgrid1.binder.gridcolumns) but it is not available to use. please do reply. thanks

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 23, 2004 08:02 AM UTC

So you are using LayoutColumns then? If so, you can get the a GridBoundColumnCollection using this code. GridHierarchyLevel level0 = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.RootHierarchyLevel; GridBoundColumnCollection gbcc = level0.GridBoundColumns; BUT, this collection will have empty place holder columns for the ''.'', ''-'', etc. If you only want the columns that are in your datasource, then you should look at the datasource, maybe this.dataTable1.Columns. If you are only putting some of the columns from your datatable into the grid, then when you do this, you could create your own list for use later when you need it.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon