We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Alpha channel

Can I use an 8 bit graduated background (from a 32bit icon file) in the XP Menus hierarchy? If I make an icon (such as the one attached) and assign it to a Form''s Icon property then it will be displayed using its 8 bit alpha channel in the taskbar. When I put the same icon in Syncfusions menus it uses only 1 bit alpha. -simon icon_3686.zip

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 18, 2004 07:07 PM UTC

Hi Simon This is due to a known problem in the .NET ImageList control and not due to XPMenus. (I assume you have ColorDepth property of the imagelist set to Depth32Bit.) Regards, Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2004 08:11 AM UTC

yes i do - but presumably it is irrelevant. thanks for the info. we''ll just make sure all our icons use just a 1 bit alpha channel

TF Terry Foster June 27, 2006 02:39 PM UTC

It appears that you guys are aware of the .NET ImageList issue that hasn''t been fixed in 2.0. Please refer to the following article for more information: http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscctrl/AlphaImageImagelist.asp?print=true The problem I currently have is that BarItems must take an ImageList and an ImageIndex in order to display an image. Is there a way to assign an image directly (without having to use an ImageList) or do you have plans to allow this in the near future? I''m try to use some nice Office 2003-like icons in my application, but a lot end up not looking so nice and I cannot find a nice way to work around this issue. Ideally, with the new project resource support in 2005, it would be wonderful to be able to assign a project-embedded resource image to my BarItems. Thanks, Terry

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team June 27, 2006 04:18 PM UTC

Hi Terry, We already have a feature request # 532 in menus to have an Image property for the barItems instead of imagelist. Feature Request # 532 - Allow BarItem to have an Image directly assigned to it This feature is currently being worked on. I will update you as soon as this feature is implemented. Best Regards, Mano

TF Terry Foster June 27, 2006 04:33 PM UTC

Excellent - thank you very much - can''t wait!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon