We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Quick summary of difference between Model and Binder?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

15287 Jun 15,2004 05:37 PM Jun 15,2004 08:49 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Dan
Asked On June 15, 2004 05:37 PM

I have looked through the user guide, forums, KB, class reference, etc. and can''t seem to get a feel for this difference. Can you please summarize the difference between the Model and the Binder properties on the GridDataBoundGrid? From reading various posts here, I can see there are different times to use properties and events in each, but can''t put my finger on why they are separate objects. Thanks.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 15, 2004 08:49 PM

Hi Dan, the way the Model and Binder are separated is just becuase of the way things did evolve. In the beginning the design was planned such GridDataBoundGrid has a regular GridModel and the idea was that the binder could be plugged into the model with a 1-1 relation and we could continue to use the regular grid model and have databinding logic be separated into the GridModelDataBinder class. In later versions we found out that we also have to derive the GridModel and that users need to be able to customize the binder. So we derived a GridDataBoundGridModel and made GridModelDataBinder public. GridDataBoundGridModel has only a couple of overrides. The bulk of the implementation is in the binder. A clean solution would be to have the GridDataBoundGridModel provide properties that then get redirected to the binder. We do that for more important properties, but for less common scenarios you have to use the binder directly. Stefan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;