We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to make SFComboBox display error message that comes from error provider

Hi, I can't figure out how to make SFComboBox display error message that comes from error provider. 

I have SFComboBox on my form called sfCboId and error provider called epPurchaseOrders.
After I added error provider, few new properties appeared in the combo box property window in form designer. One of these properties is "Error on epPurchaseOrders". It's a text property and when I type something there, it just displays error icon and exactly the text I typed. But when I add native winforms controls (textbox, combobox, etc) that are bound to the same field, they display actual error message which is brought by IDataErrorInfo via epPurchaseOrders.

So how can I achieve the same behavior for SFComboBox? It doesn't matter if programmatically or via form designer (I use Visual Studio 2019).

Thank you.

3 Replies

VS Vasyl Shepelyov February 8, 2020 04:10 AM UTC

While experimenting further I have found the resolution - selectedvalue of my combobox was originally bound to object property. When I did the following, it started working:
- added bindingsource to the form 
- bound bindingsource to my object
- bound selectedvalue of combobox to bindingsource's property (not to object's property directly).

DV Duraimurugan Vedagiri Syncfusion Team February 10, 2020 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Vasyl, 

Thanks for using syncfusion product. 

We are validating the reported scenario. We will update you the further details on or before February 12th 

Regards, 
Durai 

DV Duraimurugan Vedagiri Syncfusion Team February 11, 2020 01:54 PM UTC

Hi Vasyl,

Thanks for your patient.

As of Febuarary 9th post, you have found the solution for reported query. We're really pleased about that.

We have analysed the reported query and we couldn't able to reproduced.

We have prepared simple sample based on your requirement. Please refer from the following location:

https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/151357/ze/SfComboBox171161256 

If the solution is does not meet your actual requirement or need any other assistance, could you please share the detailed description about your requirement with modifying our sample. so that it could be helpful to provide the solution at the earliest.

Regards,
Durai 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon