We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Batch editing with dialog template

Hi,
I want to use Grid control as a part of a form that would submit grid data as part of this form. After user fills all the other form data, I want him to edit (fill) data in grid as well. On form submit, I want to submit data as shown in batch editing from this example: https://ej2.syncfusion.com/angular/demos/#/material/grid/batch-editing Meaning I want to catch on server side which rows were edited and which rows were added.

But when user is adding data to the grid I would like to use dialog editing. Is it possible to combine those two in some way?

I also have another question. When specifying endpoints for CRUD operations, why are there always POST requests triggered. Why is PUT not triggered for Update and why DELETE is not triggered for delete like REST is specified?

Thanks for your answers.

1 Reply

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team February 7, 2020 11:44 AM UTC

Hi Matic , 

Greetings from Syncfusion support 

Query 1 : Is it possible to combine batch editing and dialog editing using some condition. 

It is not possible to combine those two type of editing in single grid. Because in Batch editing, the editing is done based on single cell it will be saved when you click on other cell. But in Dialog editing a new dialog will open when you start the edit and the grid will save only the Save button clicked. Due to this, the combination of both two editing is not possible. 

Query 2 : When specifying CRUD operations, why are always POST request triggered. 

Generally request type like POST, PUT and DELETE is only for WebAPI Adaptors. Currently we do not have support for WebAPI Adaptor with batch editing. We have logged an feature task for this. 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance 

Regards 
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon