We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Open Dialog by passing a custom component

Hi,

I want to use ejs Dialog in my Angular 8 project.

Currently I am using NgbModal.

My requirement is I want to pass dynamic components to dialog through TS and also return args after closure of dialog.

for example : this.dialog.show(myCustomComponent, injector) and this.dialog.close(args).

Is this feature available with syncfusion dialog ?

Best Regards,
Ankit Pathak

3 Replies

IS Indrajith Srinivasan Syncfusion Team February 4, 2020 03:25 PM UTC

Hi Ankit, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support, 

We have validated your reported query, ejs-dialog doesn’t have support for passing arguments in the Show method for creating a component and returning some values during the Dialog Close. Instead you can render the Dialog with minimal configuration using the Dialog Utility. 

Can you please check the above suggestion and let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Indrajith 

NG Nagendra Gupta December 14, 2021 02:06 PM UTC

Hey Team,

Do we have this feature available now? 

As I want to replace Bootstrap ngbmodal with syncfusion dialog. 

Or any way to implement DynamicComponent passing to dialog instead of template/ string/ html. I have tried DialogUtility and dialog but no hope for same. 

We have existing facility in bootstrap ngbmodal like modalService.open(DynamicComponentInstance, options).

VJ Vinitha Jeyakumar Syncfusion Team December 15, 2021 10:09 AM UTC

Hi Nagendra, 

We have already considered “Support for passing the custom component, as arguments in the Dialog show method” as a feature request from our end and logged the report for the same and the fix will be included with any of our upcoming releases.   

You can now track the current status of the report, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/24171  

Please upvote this feature to make this our priority. We will prioritize the features of every release, based on the user demands. 

Regards,  
Vinitha 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon