We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GBDB ComboBox Events

I have a grid with 6 combobox columns. I have handled the CurrentCellChanged event. When I make a selection from the list on one of the comboboxes, a breakpoint I place at the start of the event handler is never hit. The other comboboxes hit the break point as expected. I also handle the CurrentCellShowingDropDown event and all comboboxes reach a break point there fine. Any thoughts and what could be preventing the CurrentCellChanged event from being fired from that one combobox? Thanks. Ken

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 11, 2004 10:08 AM UTC

Are you trying to dynamically set droplists and or cellstypes as you make selections in your comboboxes? If so, sometimes this might affect how cells behave. You might try the CurrentCellValidateString event to see if that one gets hit in all cases, and maybe you can use that event to do what you need.

KJ Kenneth Johnson June 11, 2004 10:15 AM UTC

Yes, the lists are being loaded in the CurrentCellShowingDropDown event. I would like to set celltypes in QueryCellInfo, but that is on hold until this problem is worked out. I'll try your suggestion. Ken

KJ Kenneth Johnson June 11, 2004 10:47 AM UTC

All cb's do hit the CurrentCellValidateString event, but it is hit twice. Once when a selection is made from the list and once when the cell loses the focus. In the CurrentCellChanged event I "blank" out the values in cells that depend on the value of the cb being revised. It would be not be effecient to do this twice for a cell revision. Ken

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 11, 2004 11:13 AM UTC

Trying to spot why the event is not being hit would require a working sample for us to work with. You probably could use some flags to avoid processing the same thing twice in CurrentCellValidateString.

KJ Kenneth Johnson June 11, 2004 11:28 AM UTC

I found it. I was looking for something, anything, that would cause the one cb to be different. I noticed that it's list was not being loaded with "default" values when the grid is created. It was only being loaded in the show drop down event. Bind the list to some default data during the load and bingo! I've got a changed event working once again. Thanks again and sorry I wasted your time again. Programming would be a good gig if it weren't for the @*&@! users! Ken

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon