We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Column Visible = false ignored after CRUD insert

I have the below datagrid.  Using CRUD insert, when the list is added to, it appears the visible=false fields are no longer set to visible=false.  I do not have this problem on update, only insert.  If I remove visible=false all works fine. 

<ejs-grid id="Grid" allowtextwrap="true" allowSelection="true" allowSorting="true" toolbar="@(new List<string>() { "Add", "Edit", "Delete", "Update", "Cancel" })" allowPaging="true" actionBegin="actionBegin">
            <e-grid-editSettings allowAdding="true" allowDeleting="true" allowEditing="true" mode="Dialog"></e-grid-editSettings>
            <e-grid-selectionsettings mode="Row" enableToggle="false"></e-grid-selectionsettings>
            <e-grid-textwrapsettings wrapmode="Header" />
            <e-data-manager json="@ViewBag.Dist" adaptor="RemoteSaveAdaptor" insertUrl="/Admin/InsertDist" updateUrl="/Admin/UpdateDist" removeUrl="/Admin/RemoveDist"></e-data-manager>
              <e-grid-columns>
                        <e-grid-column field="ListName" headerText="List" isPrimaryKey="true" width="20"></e-grid-column>
                        <e-grid-column field="ProdLine" headerText="PL" width="10"></e-grid-column>
                        <e-grid-column field="EventTrig" headerText="Trigger"foreignKeyField="Trig" foreignKeyValue="Trig" dataSource="@ViewBag.Trig"  width="25"></e-grid-column>
                        <e-grid-column field="UserGroup" headerText="Destination" foreignKeyField="GroupName" foreignKeyValue="GroupName" dataSource="@ViewBag.UserGroup" width="25"></e-grid-column>
                        <e-grid-column field="Stat_From" headerText="From" foreignKeyField="Status" foreignKeyValue="Status" dataSource="@ViewBag.Status" width="25"></e-grid-column>
                        <e-grid-column field="Stat_To" headerText=" To " foreignKeyField="Status" foreignKeyValue="Status" dataSource="@ViewBag.Status" width="25"></e-grid-column>
                        <e-grid-column field="Interval" headerText="TM" width="10"></e-grid-column>
                        <e-grid-column field="TimeFrame" headerText="H/D" width="10"></e-grid-column>
                        <e-grid-column field="Subject" visible="false" ></e-grid-column>
                        <e-grid-column field="Body" visible="false" width="200"></e-grid-column>
                    </e-grid-columns>
        </ejs-grid>

Before Insert

After insert

1 Reply

DR Dhivya Rajendran Syncfusion Team January 29, 2020 02:31 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query : Using CRUD insert, when the list is added to, it appears the visible=false fields are no longer set to visible=false.  I do not have this problem on update, only insert.  If I remove visible=false all works fine. 

We have validated the provided information and code example. Based on the code example, we have created a sample and tried to reproduce the problem but we are unable to reproduce the reported problem at our end. We have attached a sample for your reference. please refer the sample in the below link. 

If you still get the same problem, please get back to us with following details that will helpful for us to validate and provide a better solution as soon as possible. 

1. In your code you are bound the actionBegin event. did you customize anything here, share the full grid code example .   
      2. Share the video demonstration of the reported problem. 
      3. Try to reproduce the reported problem in the given sample or share the issue reproduced sample. 
      4. Did you called refresh or refreshCoumns method anywhere? 

Regards, 
R.Dhivya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon