We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to use SfStepProgressBar for a form with independent steps

Hi,

I have a form with 4 independent steps: when I say independent I mean first step does not have to be completed before second step and the steps can be completed in any order. I want to use an SfStepProgressBar such that when I click on a particular StepView it takes me to that step. I understand I can do this with the help of attaching a Behavior to the StepView.
My question is how do I avoid the previous steps from showing Status= Completed? For example I begin the form and jump straightaway to Step 3 and once I am done with Step 3, I will change the status to completed and go to a different step. But the progress bar will show as though I have completed Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3 while Step 4 is Status=In Progress. Can you please help in giving me a custom SfStepProgressBar where the StepViews are independent of each other and do not change status to Completed unless I set them myself from the code behind

Thanks

1 Reply

DS Devaraj Sekar Syncfusion Team January 28, 2020 10:21 AM UTC

Hi Madhu, 

Thank you contacting Syncfusion support. 

On analyzing the provided information and mentioned requirement “Customizing Step view independently” is not feasible in SfStepProgressbar. The behavior of SfStepProgressbar will be as follows. 
  1.  There will be only one in-progress state in step view. 
  2.  Steps before in-progress state will be completed. 
  3.  Steps after in-progress state will be Not started. 

So, the requested requirement can’t be achieved using SfStepProgessBar. Kindly, let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Devaraj S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon