We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DateTimePicker - destroy event issue

If I use DateTimePicker in React component with pretty short life time. (example like a quickly switch form type - show/hide some components), I can get this issue :

The similar issue appears  for DatePicker sometimes too.

9 Replies

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team January 28, 2020 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Pavel, 

While checking the provided screenshot, the element ID of the component is not getting the time of destroying. So, we need the below details that will help us to check and proceed further at our end.  

1.     How did you show and hide the DateTimePicker / DatePicker component in your application? 

2.     Whether you have rendered the DateTimePicker / DatePicker component inside the Dialog component? 

3.     Whether you have manually destroyed the component in any external actions in your application? 

4.     Code example of the component rendering and show/hide functionality  

5.     Issue reproducing sample (If possible). 

6.     Please share your current Syncfusion package version details.  

7.     Whether you have used router or not?  

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

PD Pavel Danilchyk January 28, 2020 06:34 PM UTC

Good day.
https://stackblitz.com/edit/react-gj4nhe-chkdwq

Example describes this problem.

Click on button a couple of times quickly  and you will see problem.
For DateTimePicker:

Also, the similar problem for DatePicker:

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team January 30, 2020 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Pavel, 

While analyzing the reported issue with the provided sample, the issue is occurred due to delay in the component rendering while clicking the button quickly. So, the element does not get at that time. So, can you please share the details that if possible, to disable the button on the second time click rather than the quick click of the button in your application else destroy the component by using our public destroy method in the button click that details help us to check and proceed at our end. 

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

NB Nicolas Beaumer February 12, 2020 12:04 PM UTC

Hello,

This issue occurs with form binding librairies too.
When another input is being filled, the form will be reevaluated and the component re-rendered leading to the syncfusion component to crash eventually when the user types in too quickly.

Can you provide a fix date and/or a target release for that issue ?

ps: I have the issue with DateRangePicker

Thank you
Nicolas

BC Berly Christopher Syncfusion Team February 13, 2020 03:17 PM UTC

Hi Nicolas,   

Thank you for contacting us.  

We could not replicate the reported issue based on the provided information. Kindly share the below details to help us check this issue at our end.    
  • Sufficient code to replicate the issue 
  • Issue reproducible sample (If possible)  
  • Please explain the details of the issue “When another input is being filled, the form will be reevaluated and the component re-rendered leading to the Syncfusion component to crash eventually when the user types in too quickly”. 
  • Also confirm whether you have faced same kind of issue like “cannot read property id of undefined”.  
The above information will help us provide a prompt solution.  

Regards,   
Berly B.C   

PD Pavel Danilchyk February 25, 2020 09:36 AM UTC

Hello again.
This video illustrates how bugs can be reproduced for  DateTimePicker / DatePicker components. 

Attachment: bug2_12df1348.rar

BC Berly Christopher Syncfusion Team February 26, 2020 12:05 PM UTC

Hi Pavel,  

Thanks for providing information.  

We have already replicated the reported issue and provided our justification details to you in our second update dated on January 30th, 2020.  

We requested details to replicate the issue to another customer Nicholas as the issue reported by him is different from yours.  

Regards,  
Berly B.C  

NB Nicolas Beaumer February 27, 2020 01:07 PM UTC

Hello,

Pavel's information are quite clear on the bug. So I am confident this is the same issue (the id of undefined one).

Please provide a fix date/release target for that issue. If that doesn't solve my problem, I'll find a way to get you the details you need to investigate my problem in particular.
I am using the same library version number as Pavel.

Thanks for your help!
Nicolas

BC Berly Christopher Syncfusion Team February 28, 2020 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Nicolas, 

Deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.  

As we mentioned earlier, the reported issue caused due to click the button rapidly. We could not predict this case in our source and provide the fix at our end. So, we suggest you to enable the button in the destroy event to get rid of the issue at your end.  

Regards, 
Berly B.C 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon