We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Rich Text control - issues

Good day.
I found two issues for current component:
1. If I have React component with pretty short life time (like a form switching), i can get this issue sometimes:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'destroy' of undefined
    at RichTextEditorComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-richtexteditor/src/rich-text-editor/base/rich-text-editor.js.RichTextEditor.destroyDependentModules (rich-text-editor.js:722)
    at RichTextEditorComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-richtexteditor/src/rich-text-editor/base/rich-text-editor.js.RichTextEditor.destroy (rich-text-editor.js:642)
    at RichTextEditorComponent../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-react-base/src/component-base.js.ComponentBase.componentWillUnmount (component-base.js:212)

2. Custom fonts - if I customize font family and click FontName button on toolbar, my action triggers FontSize event instead of FontName.

My tool bar config:
const TOOLBAR_CFG = {
    items: ['Bold''Italic''Underline''StrikeThrough''FontName''FontSize''FontColor''BackgroundColor''LowerCase''UpperCase''|''Formats''Alignments''OrderedList''UnorderedList''Outdent''Indent''SuperScript''SubScript''|''CreateTable''CreateLink''Image''SourceCode'],
    type: ToolbarType.MultiRow,
    enableFloating: false
}; My component:
          <RichTextEditorComponent
                    toolbarSettings={TOOLBAR_CFG}
                    value={value}
                    id={this.control}
                    onBlur={onBlur}
                    height={520}
                    insertImageSettings={{
                        saveFormat: 'Base64'
                    }}

fontFamily={{
                        default: 'Segoe UI',
                        width: '65px',
                        items: [
                            { text: 'TEST'value: 'TEST'cssClass: 'TEST'command: 'FontName'subCommand: 'FontName' },
                            { text: 'Segoe UI'value: 'Segoe UI'cssClass: 'e-segoe-ui'command: 'FontName'subCommand: 'FontName' },
                            { text: 'Arial'value: 'Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif'cssClass: 'e-arial'command: 'FontName'subCommand: 'FontName' },
                            { text: 'Georgia'value: 'Georgia,serif'cssClass: 'e-georgia'command: 'FontName'subCommand: 'FontName' },
                            { text: 'Impact'value: 'Impact,Charcoal,sans-serif'cssClass: 'e-impact'command: 'FontName'subCommand: 'FontName' },
                            { text: 'Tahoma'value: 'Tahoma,Geneva,sans-serif'cssClass: 'e-tahoma'command: 'FontName'subCommand: 'FontName' },
                            { text: 'Times New Roman'value: 'Times New Roman,Times,serif'cssClass: 'e-times-new-roman'command: 'FontName'subCommand: 'FontName' },
                            { text: 'Verdana'value: 'Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif'cssClass: 'e-verdana'command: 'FontName'subCommand: 'FontName' }
                        ]
                    }}
                    onFocus={onFocus}
                    placeholder={placeholder}                 
                    actionBegin={this.actionBegin}
                    disabled={disabled}
                    change={this.change}
                    dialogOpen={this.dialogOpened}
                >
                    <Inject services={[ToolbarCustomImageLinkHtmlEditorQuickToolbarTableCount]} />
                </RichTextEditorComponent>
I tried with command and subCommand properties and without it.

7 Replies

RK Revanth Krishnan Syncfusion Team January 28, 2020 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Pavel, 

Good day to you. 

Query 1: If I have React component with pretty short life time (like a form switching), I can get this issue sometimes. 

We have validated the issue and unable to reproduce the issue from our end. Could you please provide us with a sample or code snippet. So that we can reproduce the issue and able to resolve it from our end. 

Query 2: Custom fonts - if I customize font family and click FontName button on toolbar, my action triggers FontSize event instead of FontName. 

We have validated the issue and unable to reproduce the issue from our end. We have given the sample link below where you check for the replication of the issue, 

Could you please try-out the above sample and confirm whether it meets your requirement? If the above-shared sample doesn’t meet your requirements, kindly share with us more details regarding your requirement to provide an appropriate solution at the earliest. 

Thanks, 
Revanth

PD Pavel Danilchyk January 28, 2020 06:18 PM UTC

https://stackblitz.com/edit/react-gj4nhe-8kq97j

Sample of both issues.
1. Fill some text and wait autoupdate event. After this you will see issue with fonts.
2. Click on switch button a couple of times quickly. And you will get this issue. My form is large and has conditional logic. In one case I need to show 3 instances of rich text editor.

IS Indrajith Srinivasan Syncfusion Team January 29, 2020 04:15 PM UTC

Hi Pavel, 

Query 1: “Fill some text and wait auto update event. After this you will see issue with fonts.  

We have confirmed this as a bug from our end and logged the report for the same and the fix will be included in our upcoming patch release scheduled to be roll-out on 5th February. 

You can now track the current status of the report, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/11634/ 

Query 2: “Click on switch button a couple of times quickly. 

The above issue is raised, because it destroys the elements are created in the DOM. We have confirmed this a bug from our end and we have logged the report for the same and the fix will be included in our upcoming patch release scheduled to roll-out on 12th February .  

You can now track the current status of the report, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/11647/ 

As a work around, to avoid the script error have generated spinner till the components are loaded in the page. Have also modified the sample based on your requirement.

Sample:
https://stackblitz.com/edit/react-gj4nhe-zece8e?file=index.js 

Regards, 
Indrajith

IS Indrajith Srinivasan Syncfusion Team February 5, 2020 04:33 PM UTC

Hi Pavel,   

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.   

We could not include the fix for “Fill some text and wait auto update event. After this you will see issue with fonts” with our weekly patch released today, due to complexity on resolving the reported issue from our end. As promised, we will include both the fix in our next patch release scheduled to roll-out on 12th February 

Regards,   
Indrajith 

IS Indrajith Srinivasan Syncfusion Team February 12, 2020 08:58 AM UTC

Hi Pavel, 

Thanks for your patience, 

As mentioned earlier, we have resolved the issues “Fill some text and wait auto update event. After this you will see issue with fonts” & “Click on switch button a couple of times quickly” with RichTextEditor and the fix is now available with the package version 17.4.49. We have also prepared a sample based on your requirement. 

Can you please update the package to this version to resolve the issue from your end ?  

Regards, 
Indrajith 

PD Pavel Danilchyk February 12, 2020 12:45 PM UTC

Thanks. These issues have been resolved.

IS Indrajith Srinivasan Syncfusion Team February 13, 2020 04:02 AM UTC

Hi Pavel, 

Thanks for the update, 

We are glad that your reported issues are resolved. Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Indrajith 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon