We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Controls are not displayed on iOS Safari, please help!

Dear Syncfusion Team

Since hours I'm trying to find out a solution for the following behaviour whete in the documentation or even here in the forum i couldn't find a solution for it.

I have a pdfviewer implemented as follow:

<ejs-pdfviewer id="container" class="h-100 w-100" enablePersistence="false"  enableToolbar="true"  enableNavigationToolbar="false"  toolbarSettings="@(new Syncfusion.EJ2.PdfViewer.PdfViewerToolbarSettings {ShowTooltip = true, ToolbarItems =  new [] {"PageNavigationTool", "MagnificationTool", "DownloadOption"} })" serviceUrl="/api/PdfViewer" documentPath="@(Model.BlobData.Uri)">ejs-pdfviewer>

This will be rendered as follow on desktop (chrome)

When I check the same page on an ipad the toolbar isn't rendered and it is displayed differently. 

How can I achieve that the toolbar is displayed on iPad as it is on the desktop? I really need this due a customer voice.

Btw. is there also a possibility to disable the lazyload rendering? So the whole pdf is rendered on page load instead during scrolling?

Thank you in advance for a solution!

Sincerely, Ramos

3 Replies

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team January 21, 2020 09:52 AM UTC

Hi Sergio , 

Thank you for contacting Sycfusion support. 

Please find the details of your query from the below, 

Query  
Details  
Since hours I'm trying to find out a solution for the following behaviour whete in the documentation or even here in the forum i couldn't find a solution for it. 

I have a pdfviewer implemented as follow: 

<ejs-pdfviewer id="container" class="h-100 w-100" enablePersistence="false"  enableToolbar="true"  enableNavigationToolbar="false"  toolbarSettings="@(new Syncfusion.EJ2.PdfViewer.PdfViewerToolbarSettings {ShowTooltip = true, ToolbarItems =  new [] {"PageNavigationTool", "MagnificationTool", "DownloadOption"} })" serviceUrl="/api/PdfViewer" documentPath="@(Model.BlobData.Uri)">ejs-pdfviewer> 
This will be rendered as follow on desktop (chrome) 

When I check the same page on an ipad the toolbar isn't rendered and it is displayed differently.  

How can I achieve that the toolbar is displayed on iPad as it is on the desktop? I really need this due a customer voice. 

Currently PDF Viewer do not support annotations in Mobile devices, however we have already added this to our feature request list, and we do not have any immediate plan to implement the same.  We will let you know once the feature is implemented. You can track the status of the implementation using the below feedback link,  

Btw. is there also a possibility to disable the lazyload rendering? So the whole pdf is rendered on page load instead during scrolling? 
Currently we do not have ‘Support to render all the pages of the PDF document during initial loading’. However, we have added it to our feature request list, and we do not have any immediate plans to implement it. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features. We will let you know when this feature is implemented.  

You can track the status of the implementation with the below feedback link,  

Regards, 
Akshaya 

SR Sergio Ramos January 21, 2020 10:49 AM UTC

Dear Akshaya 

Thank you for your fast response. I think we got lost in the wrong place when it comes to query no. 1.

I'm talking about the toolbar like the PageNavigationTools and MagnificationTool that should also be displayed on mobile not only on desktop. The query is not about annotation or comments or something like that.

Best wishes,
Sergio

Ps. Thanks for creating the feature request for query no.2.

MS Mohan Selvaraj Syncfusion Team January 22, 2020 09:35 AM UTC

Hi Sergio ,  

Thanks for your update. 

In the mobile devices of the PDF Viewer control we will display only the (Open,Undo,Redo,Search,Print,Download) Tools in the toolbar. We don’t have any support for displaying the Magnification Tool  and PageNavigationTools  in the toolbar for mobile devices. However we can navigate to any of the pages in the PDF Viewer control by clicking the scroll thumb, the Go To Page Dialog will appears . In this enter the desired page number in which you need to navigate. You can also magnify the pages in the PDF Viewer control by using pinch zooming (touch zoom) and also on double tap the PDF pages in PDF Viewer control. We have shared the image for the scroll thumb kindly refer below, 

Regards, 
Mohan S  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon