We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Disable dropdownlist in rule filter

Hello everyone,,
I'd like to disable user interaction with the rule filter in the query filter, so that the user cannot select another filed from the list.
Say I have a query filter component as follow:
<ejs-querybuilder id="asQuerybuilder">
    <e-querybuilder-columns>
        <e-querybuilder-column label="Property1" field="Property1" type="string"></e-querybuilder-column>
        <e-querybuilder-column label="Property2" field="Property2" type="string"></e-querybuilder-column>
    </e-querybuilder-columns>
</ejs-querybuilder>

Once the control is rendered, the user can select the Property1 rule filter, and change the filed to Property2. I would like to disabled that.

Thanks !

3 Replies

SD Saranya Dhayalan Syncfusion Team January 20, 2020 06:59 AM UTC

Hi Humanjo,  

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We have checked your requirement “Disable dropdownlist item in rule filter” and it can be achieved by adding custom class ‘e-disable’ to DropDownList using its ‘open’ event. Please check the below code example,  

<div class="col-lg-12 control-section"> 
    <ejs-querybuilder id="querybuilder" width="73%" rule="ViewBag.rule" dataSource="ViewBag.dataSource" maxGroupCount=5 created="createdControl" change="change"> 
        <e-querybuilder-columns> 
            <e-querybuilder-column field="EmployeeID" label="Employee ID" type="number"></e-querybuilder-column> 
            <e-querybuilder-column field="FirstName" label="First Name" type="string"></e-querybuilder-column> 
        </e-querybuilder-columns> 
    </ejs-querybuilder> 
</div> 

<script> 
    function createdControl() { 
        // Binding open event intially while creating the control 
        var ddlColl = document.querySelectorAll('.e-filter-input'); 
        for (var i = 0; i < ddlColl.length; i++) { 
            var ddl = ej.base.getComponent(ddlColl[i], "dropdownlist"); 
            ddl.open = Open 
        } 
    } 
    //Trigger before opening DropDownList 
    function Open() { 
        if (!this.popupObj.element.querySelectorAll(".e-list-item")[1].classList.contains("e-disable")) { 
            this.popupObj.element.querySelectorAll(".e-list-item")[1].classList.add("e-disable") 
        } 
    } 
    function change(args) { 
        if (args.type.indexOf('insert') > -1) { 
            // Binding open event while creating new rules 
            var qryBldrObj = ej.base.getComponent(document.getElementById("dropdownlist"), 'dropdownlist'); 
            var ddlColl = document.querySelector("#querybuilder_" + args.groupID).querySelectorAll('.e-filter-input'); 
            var ddl = ej.base.getComponent(ddlColl[ddlColl.length - 1], "dropdownlist"); 
            ddl.open = Open 
        } 
    } 
</script> 

<style> 
    .e-disable { 
        opacity: 0.6; 
        pointer-events: none; 
    } 
</style> 

For your convenience, we have prepared a sample based on your scenario and the same can be found in below link,  

Screenshot: 

Could you please check the above sample & screenshot and get back to us if you need further assistance on this?  
Regards,  
Saranya D 

HD Humanjo Daro replied to Humanjo Daro January 22, 2020 02:35 AM UTC

Hello everyone,,
I'd like to disable user interaction with the rule filter in the query filter, so that the user cannot select another filed from the list.
Say I have a query filter component as follow:

Once the control is rendered, the user can select the Property1 rule filter, and change the filed to Property2. I would like to disabled that.

Thanks !

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

SD Saranya Dhayalan Syncfusion Team January 22, 2020 04:27 AM UTC

Hi Humanjo, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. Kindly get back to us if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Saranya D 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon