We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Seems a bug applying skins

If I set the skin in xaml for a grid
e.g.
syncfusionskin:SfSkinManager.VisualStyle = "VisualStudio2015"

It works for the first time, but if I create future instances of the User Control in which the grid is contained, the skin isn't set and the grid is unthemed.

However, if I put this in the code behind, after Initialise on the control, it does work

Syncfusion.SfSkinManager.SfSkinManager.SetVisualStyle(grid, Syncfusion.SfSkinManager.VisualStyles.VisualStudio2015);

I don't think this is specific to grid, but looks like a problem with the SkinManager.

2 Replies

GS Gokul Sainarayanan Syncfusion Team January 17, 2020 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We are able to reproduce the reported issue of SfSkinManager theme not applying to the user control properly and we have logged a bug report on this and it can be tracked through our feedback portal below.

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/11336/sfskinmanager-theme-not-applied-for-usercontrol-when-theme-is-set-to-the-control

We will provide you a patch with the fix by January 31, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then.

Regards,
Gokul S

GS Gokul Sainarayanan Syncfusion Team January 31, 2020 06:41 AM UTC

Hi Tom,

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio Volume 4 SP 1 2019 (v17.4.0.46) is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. In this release, we have included the fix for the reported issue “SfSkinManager theme not applying to the user control properly”. Please let us know in case you require a patch in your current version.

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/151087/essential-studio-2019-volume-4-service-pack-release-v17-4-0-46-is-available-for-download

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,
Gokul S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon