We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfDataGrid: Browsable(false) is ignored

Why does Sfdatagrid ignores Browsable(false) property attribute ? It still shows that property in the grid.

3 Replies

SA Saravanan Ayyanar Syncfusion Team January 9, 2020 02:22 PM UTC

Hi Tomas, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion controls. 

By default, if you set  Browsable as false for any property, it did not show in the property window. If you want to skip the columns auto-generation for a particular property, you can use the Autogenerated property or set the Bindable attribute to false. Please refer the below code snippet. 

[Display(AutoGenerateField = false, Description = "OrderID field is not generated in UI")] 
 public int OrderID 
 { 
     get 
     { 
         return _orderId; 
     } 
     set 
     { 
         _orderId = value; 
         RaisePropertyChanged("OrderID"); 
     } 
 } 

Sample Link: 

UG Link: 

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Saravanan A 

TO Tomas January 9, 2020 10:16 PM UTC

Thank you it works. Sorry i tried to look in documentation, and in forums but couldnt find answer so i've created this post. I think it will help others in the future too :)

FP Farjana Parveen Ayubb Syncfusion Team January 10, 2020 05:36 AM UTC

Hi Tomas, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad to know that the reported problem has been resolved at your end. Please let us know if you have any further queries on this. We are happy to help you. 

Regards, 
Farjana Parveen A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon