We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cannot get the sfDateTimeEdit control to behave in vb.net

I'm rewriting some old Visual Foxpro code into vb.net (2017 community version), and I'd like to use the sfDateTimeEdit control.  When I inserted one object into a winform, many problems ensued.  On exit, I received the MS error "The designer loader did not provide a root component but has not indicated why."  In addition, the form object refused to reload when exiting a debugging session - although the form came back when closed and re-opened.  When I try to hide the dropdown, it disappears in the edit mode, but when running in debug mode it reappears.  (I don't need it for this particular use since a calendar is already supplied)  Also, when using the calendar dropdown, if the month is changed the control blanks all days. 
I'm thinking that probably the dropdown object (which I assume is sfCalendar) is not being initialized - and I don't see any initialization code for that control in the vb.net designer file.
If the dropdown object needs to be separately initialized, even though it is supplied as part of the sfDateTimeEdit control, what code is necessary in the designer file to accomplish it.  I also assume if my analysis is correct that initializing the dropdown will also fix the problem of the calendar blanking, and the hide function not working?

1 Reply

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team January 8, 2020 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Richard, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your query and we have created a simple sample containing SfDateTimeEdit control in VB.Net. The sample compiled successfully and we have changed the values of SfDateTimeEdit i.e. when the month field is changed the date field rendered properly. Please refer the below sample and video reflecting the same and let us know if we are missing any details to replicate the reported query. 

Regards, 
Niranjan kumar 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon