We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

VUE JS - How to programatically clear the current selection of a dropdown widget

Hi 

I can see a ClearSelection() method in the React API, but not in the Vue version - can you please advise how I can clear down a dropbox so the current user selection is removed.

thank you

Kevin

5 Replies

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team January 7, 2020 12:52 PM UTC

Hi kevin, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

Yes, we can clear the value by using our inbuild public clear method.  

Kindly refer the below code example. 
<ejs-dropdownlist id='dropdownlist' ref='dropdownobj'></ejs-dropdownlist> 

Method calling : 
this.$refs.dropdownobj.ej2Instances.clear();  

Also, we have showClearButton option to clear the selected value. To know more about the showClearButton property please refer the documentation link: https://ej2.syncfusion.com/vue/documentation/api/drop-down-list#showclearbutton  

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

KE kevindev January 7, 2020 02:12 PM UTC

Thank you, this does clear the selected value, but has a side effect: I am tracking changes to the list using the :change parameter in the js-dropdownlist component to define a function to call when a change occurs. I then want to carry out an action and clear the value within this call. The side effect of clearing the value is that it seems to then refire the change function!

Is there a way round this?

SN Sevvandhi Nagulan Syncfusion Team January 8, 2020 02:03 PM UTC

Hi Kevin 

We would like to inform that when you clear the selected value, then the change event will be triggered. We cannot able to restrict the change event. However, you can restrict the change event code using the args. While clearing the value args.item and args.itemData both will be null. So based on the value you can perform action. 

Regards, 
Sevvandhi N 

KE kevindev January 9, 2020 10:51 AM UTC

Perfect, this works. Thank you for the information.

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team January 10, 2020 06:28 AM UTC

Hi kevin, 

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon