We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can the PDF Viewer Service be written in something else than ASPNET MVC?

Could this PDF Viewer Service be written in Django?

In the documentation, I see there is a dependency of Syncfusion.EJ2.PdfViewer.AspNet.MVC5 which can be installed with NuGet package manager, is this a blocking in my quest?
If I understood correctly my server needs to implement these Http POST methods like Load, Bookmarks, RenderPdfPages, etc. as seen in the how-to section https://ej2.syncfusion.com/documentation/pdfviewer/how-to/create-pdfviewer-service/ but all those methods I see that they make use of new PdfRenderer() which I don't see where it comes from, and I'm assuming it comes from that dependency mentioned above...
Any hints would be appreciated.

1 Reply

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team January 7, 2020 09:37 AM UTC

Hi Filip , 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Please find the details of your query from the below, 

Query  
Details 
Could this PDF Viewer Service be written in Django? 
At present we do not have support for PDF Viewer Web service in Django. PDF Viewer control is both server and the client side oriented. PDF viewer control processes the PDF document in the server side(developed with .NET environment) and send the processed PDF data to the client using the web service to render the PDF document and for further operations in PDF viewer.   

In the documentation, I see there is a dependency of Syncfusion.EJ2.PdfViewer.AspNet.MVC5 which can be installed with NuGet package manager, is this a blocking in my quest? 
If I understood correctly my server needs to implement these Http POST methods like Load, Bookmarks, RenderPdfPages, etc. as seen in the how-to section https://ej2.syncfusion.com/documentation/pdfviewer/how-to/create-pdfviewer-service/ but all those methods I see that they make use of new PdfRenderer();  which I don't see where it comes from, and I'm assuming it comes from that dependency mentioned above... 
Any hints would be appreciated. 

Yes,  as mentioned above our PDF Viewer control has the server side dependency, which helps to render the PDF document and  PdfRenderer class comes from the dependency Syncfusion.EJ2.PdfViewer.AspNet.MVC5  for ASP.NET MVC platform  

We can also create PDF Viewer web service project in ASP.NET Core. Please find the below link for reference, 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon