We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

The text area displays multiple lines despite setting MaxLines to 1 and AcceptsReturn to false

Hello,
(Syncfusion version: 17.4.0.40)

I have a SfTextBoxExt with the following properties:
MaxLines = "1" AcceptsReturn="False"

when I select a value from the suggestions either by selecting it by the mouse or pressing the down button:

The Expected Behavior:
the text box should be filled with the selected value from the suggestions and it should have only one line

What actually happens:
the text box is filled with the selected value from the suggestions AND an empty line is added to it, now the text box has two lines and the one that contains the suggestion is hidden up and the empty line is displayed..

How can I make the text box only contains one line all the time? 

3 Replies

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team December 30, 2019 12:54 PM UTC

Hi Ahmed, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue "The text area displays multiple lines despite setting MaxLines to 1 and AcceptsReturn to false" and we have attached the tested sample in below.  

Please check and update us with the issue reproducing sample or complete code snippets for checking further and provide a better solution. 

Regards, 
Hemalatha M. 

AH Ahmed January 2, 2020 08:17 PM UTC

Hi Hemalatha,

Thank for for your help, the sample works fine, so the issue may be in  my code.. 

I will revise my code and check for the error there.

Thank you very much.

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team January 3, 2020 07:35 AM UTC

Hi Ahmed 

Thanks for your update. 

We are glad to hear that given solution works. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Hemalatha M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon