We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Search and date format not working

Hello,

The search bar doesn't work for me. Also when I set a date column with custom format like CustomFormat="@(new{ type = "date" , format= "dd.MM.yyyy" })" the format is not like the one specified.

7 Replies

RS Renjith Singh Rajendran Syncfusion Team December 30, 2019 01:34 PM UTC

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Query 1 :  The search bar doesn't work for me.
We need more details to further proceed on this and provide you a solution as early as possible. Please share with us the following details for better assistance.

1 . Share the details of the type of data, in which you have faced the search problem.
             2 . Share the sample which you have tried from your side.
             3 . Share the Syncfusion version details.
             2 . Share the details of script error if any occurred in the console.

Query 2 : I set a date column with custom format like CustomFormat
We have deprecated the CustomFormat property of Grid Column in our latest versions 17.4.0.40 and you can use Format property of GridColumn to apply date format in C# standard. So kindly upgrade to our latest version to apply date format in C# standard. Please find the latest Nuget package and release notes regarding the changes we have implemented in our Grid. 

Kindly refer the below documentation to upgrade to our latest version 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Renjith Singh Rajendran.

KI Krasimir Ivanov December 31, 2019 01:16 PM UTC

I am talking about the general search (in the upper right part of the grid) that searches all of the columns. I am using version  17.4.0.40 and the data in the columns are strings but when searching for specific content the search does not work.

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 2, 2020 04:51 PM UTC

Hi Ivan,  

Query: “I am using version  17.4.0.40 and the data in the columns are strings but when searching for specific content the search does not work 

We are not able to reproduce the reported issue at our end with the provided details. We are able to search the string values properly in 17.4.0.40 version. So kindly share the details requested in the previous update to validate the issue further along with video demonstration.  

Kindly download the sample from below which we have prepared using our latest version  

If possible try to reproduce the reported issue in provided sample and get back to us. 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan. 

BC Bobby Caldwell January 20, 2020 06:22 PM UTC

So I am also running into an issue where Search does not work when using a custom DataAdaptor and at least 1 GridColumn has ForeignKeyField, ForeignKeyValue and DataSource defined. I was able to reproduce the issue in the example project you provided.

Attached a copy of the modified example project.

Edit: Also should I make a new topic for this, since my issue is specific to searching only?

Attachment: BlazorApp1SearchWithCustomDataAdaptor_94510dc5.zip

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 21, 2020 07:16 AM UTC

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

Query: “Search does not work when using a custom DataAdaptor and at least 1 GridColumn has ForeignKeyField, ForeignKeyValue and DataSource defined 

Currently, we don’t have support to perform search action in Foreign key column. We have considered this as a feature Need to provide search support for foreignkey column in Blazor Grid. We have logged a feature task for the same and added to our feature request list. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts. 

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision and technological feasibility. We have planned to implement this feature in our next release 2020 Volume 1 release which is  expected to be rolled out in the month of March 2020.  

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.  

Till then we appreciate your patience 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan. 

BC Bobby Caldwell January 21, 2020 07:41 PM UTC

This is great that you are looking into making the search feature work with foreignkey columns. However in one of my grids, there is only one column with a foreignkey, while the rest are just string and boolean columns. Why would having 1 foreignkey column completely break searching? I would still like to search against the other columns. Is that possible?

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 22, 2020 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Bobby,  

Query: “I would still like to search against the other columns. Is that possible? 

Yes. As an workaround we can achieve your requirement (to search in specific columns with custom adaptor) by defining the GridSearchSettings and GridFilterSettings under the EjsGrid. Refer the below code example.  

<EjsGrid @ref="grid" TValue="Order" Toolbar="@(new List<string> { "Search"})" Height="315">   
    <GridFilterSettings Columns="@FilterCols"></GridFilterSettings> 
    <GridSearchSettings Fields="@Cols"></GridSearchSettings> 
    <EjsDataManager AdaptorInstance="@typeof(CustomAdaptor)" Adaptor="Adaptors.CustomAdaptor"></EjsDataManager> 
    <GridColumns> 
. . . . . . . . . . . 
    </GridColumns> 
</EjsGrid> 

@code{ 
    EjsGrid<Order> grid { get; set; } 
    public List<GridFilterColumn> FilterCols = new List<GridFilterColumn>(); 
    public static List<Order> Orders { get; set; } 
    public string[] Cols = new string[] { "OrderID", "OrderDate", "Freight" }; // define the columns here excluding the foreignkey column 

Please get back to us if you have further queries. 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon