We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid not populating with EjsDataManager UrlAdaptor after update to 17.4.0.39

After updating to 17.4.0.39 I can't get a grid to populate data using the UrlAdaptor from the EjsDataManager. Has the expected response format changed?

Here is an example that was previously working in the most recent preview version. The only changes I have made has been to update the nuget package to 17.4.0.39 and add services.AddSyncfusionBlazor() to the startup.

5 Replies

DU Daniel Urbanski December 19, 2019 10:11 PM UTC

Added example.

Attachment: AsyncGrid_62d185f4.zip

RS Renjith Singh Rajendran Syncfusion Team December 20, 2019 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We are able to reproduce the reported problem when using UrlAdaptor with our latest version. We are currently validating this from our source level. We will update you further details on December 23, 2019

Until then we would like to suggest you to use the “CustomAdaptor” to bind data to Grid and perform the paging as like the UrlAdaptor. Please refer the documentation link for more details regarding this topic, 

We have also prepared a sample to bind data to Grid using Custom Adaptor and perform paging in Grid using the “PerfromSkip” and “PerformTake” methods(just like UrlAdaptor). Please download the sample form the link below, 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Renjith Singh Rajendran. 

DU Daniel Urbanski December 20, 2019 05:04 PM UTC

Thank you for getting back to me. I will wait for the December 23rd update.

Unfortunately the solution provided in the sample is inadequate. I need to access the data remotely from an API. In your sample, you are not touching the provided controller and have changed the code to load data in the OnInitialized method.

Is there any way to pass additional parameters to the CustomAdaptor constructor or read method? I could potentially have the customadaptor call the api but I would need to get the HttpClient to it somehow.

AS ashimaz December 21, 2019 02:06 PM UTC

I am having same issue with UrlAdaptor, I have switched my code to CustomAdaptor and its working.

RS Renjith Singh Rajendran Syncfusion Team December 23, 2019 01:51 PM UTC

Hi Daniel/ ashimaz, 

Thanks for your patience. 

We have confirmed this as a defect and logged a defect report for the same. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue “Problem with binding data to Grid when using UrlAdaptor” and helping us improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fixing all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle ) and including the defect fix in our upcoming release which is expected to be rolled out on December 24, 2019.  

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.  

Note : Given feedback portal is under reviewing status and it will be visible once it get reviewed. 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Renjith Singh Rajendran. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon