We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Issue with tabview in xamarin forms in latest version of Visual studio 16.4.296

Tabview was  working fine in the earlier versions of visual studio but it is causing problem only in the latest version of visual studio in my case  Visual studio 16.4.296.

I have used tabview in xamarin forms and exception is occurring at LoadApllication(new App()); in MainActivity.cs Android project .

Exception:   
Java.Lang.ClassNotFoundException:
mono.android.view.View_OnScrollChangeListenerImplementor

Image Source :

8 Replies

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team December 19, 2019 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Future Tech, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We would like to let you know that we have checked the reported crash issue by preparing the sample with latest Nuget of TabView in latest Visual Studio version (16.4.2). But we were unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end. Please find the tested sample in below 

Please find the captured video while testing the above sample  

Since we are not aware of your exact application scenario, could you please share the following details to check it further and provide a possible solution at earlier. 

·       Modifying the above provided sample to replicate the issue 

·       If possible, can you please share the issue reproducing sample along with replication procedure 

·       Used Xamarin.Forms version and ensure whether you have installed same version for all projects in your application 

·       Please mention the other controls which are used along with the SfTabView control. 

Thanks, 
Hemalatha M. 

HJ Haider jaleel December 21, 2019 01:45 PM UTC

Same issue here, my project 3 years old and it happened after upgrade to the latest..
I had to downgrade Xamarin.Forms from( 4.4.0.991265 to 4.3.0.991250) and downgrade Syncfusion controls from (17.4.0.39 to 17.3.0.14  The only one working for me).

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team December 23, 2019 07:07 AM UTC

Hi Haider jaleel, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have checked the reported issue by upgrading the Xamarin.Forms(4.4.0.991265) to the latest version. But we were unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end. Please find the tested sample in below 

As we said earlier, since we are not aware of your exact application scenario, could you please share the following details to check it further and provide a possible solution at earlier. 

·       Modifying the above-provided sample to replicate the issue 

·       If possible, can you please share the issue reproducing sample along with replication procedure 

·       Please mention the other Syncfusion controls which are used along with the SfTabView control

Thanks, 
Hemalatha M. 

PS Paul Smith January 24, 2020 08:41 PM UTC

I have the same issue!
I downloaded the sample and tried that, but STILL had the same issue. I upgraded VS2019 from 16.4.1 to 16.4.3 but still had the issue.
I was trying the app on a physical device running Android 5.0.2
I tried the sample on an emulator Android 6.0 API 23 and it worked!
I tried the sample on another physical device running Android 8.0.0 it worked.
I tried again on the physical device running Android 5.0.2 and it didn't work.

What is the minimum version of Android this should work on?

FT Future Tech replied to Paul Smith January 25, 2020 12:44 AM UTC

I have the same issue!
I downloaded the sample and tried that, but STILL had the same issue. I upgraded VS2019 from 16.4.1 to 16.4.3 but still had the issue.
I was trying the app on a physical device running Android 5.0.2
I tried the sample on an emulator Android 6.0 API 23 and it worked!
I tried the sample on another physical device running Android 8.0.0 it worked.
I tried again on the physical device running Android 5.0.2 and it didn't work.

What is the minimum version of Android this should work on?

Just downgrade sftabview from 17.4 to 17.3 and the problem will be solved

PS Paul Smith January 25, 2020 09:20 AM UTC

In the short term, I agree, but going forward, this issue needs to be addressed.

FT Future Tech January 25, 2020 02:43 PM UTC

Definitely, but i don't know why Syncfusion team is unable to reproduce this issue!

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team January 27, 2020 09:16 AM UTC

Hi Paul Smith & Future Tech, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We would like to let you know that the fix of the reported issue has been reproduced with consideration of possible test cases with a particular android version and the fix of the same is included in our Volume 4 Service Pack 1 release, which is expected to be rolled out by the first week of February 2020. 

Regards, 
Hemalatha M.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon