We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid partially working with 1750+ records

Hi,

I'm working on a report using the grid with paging, column selection and grouping enable. Everything works fine with up to 750 records (20 fields each) but when I dynamically update the Data Source with more than 1700 records the group functionality stops workings, I'm not even able to select a columns for the drag&drop 

I'm using angular 8 and the latest version of the grid

Regards

1 Reply

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team December 17, 2019 09:02 AM UTC

Hi Adrian, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We have validated your "Grid partly operating with 1750 + records" requirement and at our end we will not replicate your reported issue. 

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement that is dynamically loading dataSource with features for paging, sorting and groping. We loaded 750 records in the initial stage and then dynamically loaded more than 1750 records using the button click. But with both cases, our side is working well with both grouping and reordering functionalities.  

Please refer to the below code and sample link. 

[app.component.html] 

<button ejs-button cssClass="e-flat" (click)="btnClick()" iconCss="e-btn-sb-icons e-play-icon">Chnage DataSource</button> 

<ejs-grid #grid (load)='onLoad($event)' allowReordering='true' [dataSource]='data' allowPaging='true' allowFiltering='true' . . . . > 
. . . . .  
</ejs-grid > 

[app.component.ts] 

btnClick() {  // loaded more than 1700 records 
      var curData = this.data; 
      var i =0; 
      while (i < 1200) { 
        curData.push(curData[i]); 
        i++; 
      } 
      this.data = curData; 
      this.grid.refresh(); 
    } 
    onLoad() { // loaded 750 records 
     var curData = orderDataSource.slice(0,750); 
      var i =0; 
      while (i < 750) { 
        (curData[i] as any).OrderID = 10248 + i; 
        i++; 
      } 
      this.data = curData; 
    } 

Still facing any issue please share the below details. 

1. Share your complete grid rendering code.
  2. If possible share the issue reproducing sample or reproduce the issue in the above attached sample.

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon