We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Print loaded document

Hi,

I just recently updated my syncfusion controls to the latest version (17.3.0.34) and got a little problem with printing pdf files. Till now I could just call LoadDocument on the PDFViewer Control followed by Print. But nothing happens even when I call the Print Method in the DocumentLoaded event.
But when I introduce a short delay with e.g. await Task.Delay(100); it works as expected. Is this an error in the current version or am I doing something wrong here?

Here is a little test project with the code I am talking about.

Regards Alexander

7 Replies

JP Jhansi Priya Ramesh Syncfusion Team December 16, 2019 10:08 AM UTC

Hi Alexander, 

We could able to reproduce the issue “Print operation is not working in the DocumentLoaded event” in our side. We have forwarded this issue to our development team for further analysis and we will update further details on 18th December 2019. 

Regards, 
Jhansi Priya Ramesh 

JP Jhansi Priya Ramesh Syncfusion Team December 18, 2019 04:41 PM UTC

Hi Alexander, 

We confirm that the issue “ Print operation is not working in the DocumentLoaded event “ is a defect and logged defect report for the same. We will include fix for this issue in Weekly release which will be rolled out on 14th January 2020. 

Regards, 
Jhansi Priya Ramesh 

AS Alexander Schröders December 21, 2019 05:20 PM UTC

Hi Jhansi thanks for the reply. I am looking forword to the patch. While implementing the short wait as an intermediate solution I noticed that I sometimes get the page number in the top left. I attached an image of the print dialog when this happens.

Regards,
Alexander

Attachment: Pdfviewer_c5335f18.zip

JP Jhansi Priya Ramesh Syncfusion Team December 23, 2019 11:15 AM UTC

Hi Alexander, 

We could able to reproduce the issue “Page number is displayed on the top of the PDF page while printing” in UWP. We have forwarded this issue to our development team for further analysis and we will provide further details on 30th December 2019. 

Regards, 
Jhansi Priya Ramesh 

JP Jhansi Priya Ramesh Syncfusion Team December 30, 2019 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Alexander, 

We confirm that the issue “Page number is displayed on the top of the PDF page while printing” in UWP is a defect and logged defect report for the same. We will include the fix for this issue in weekly release which will be rolled out on 14th January 2020. 

Regards, 
Jhansi Priya Ramesh 

NK Navaneetha Kannan Sudalai Muthu Syncfusion Team January 14, 2020 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Alexander, 

We have fixed the issue “Page number is displayed on the top of the PDF page while printing” and the fix has been published on our weekly NuGet release with version 17.4.0.43. Kindly update your NuGet packages to the mentioned version to get the issue resolved.   
Best, 
Navaneetha Kannan  

NK Navaneetha Kannan Sudalai Muthu Syncfusion Team January 14, 2020 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Alexander, 

We have fixed the issue “Print operation is not working in the DocumentLoaded event” and the fix has been published on our weekly NuGet release with version 17.4.0.43. Kindly update your NuGet packages to the mentioned version to get the issue resolved.   

Best, 
Navaneetha Kannan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon