We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Need Help

Hi Clay, Thanks for your support so far. First of all i want to let you know that we are going with syncfusion. We are also planning to have couple of days or may be more for just the consulting to make sure that we are on right path and doing things right way. Before that you need to help me with little bit with design issue. I have attached a file detailed word document with post. In other post I gave you an sample project (redrawing issue) , which will give you little bit idea where we are going, basically what we will be trying to achieve at first step. Please help me to decide to what control to use and how. Thanks dh_3699.zip

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2004 03:07 PM UTC

>Which control should I use? Can I think of using GDBG? I would recommend using a GridDataBoundGrid. The main reason for this recommendation is that your data is in a datatable, and in some situations you want to see 2 rows per record. >If I were to use GridControl how do I set the values in cell? Do I have to get one value from datatable and put/assign it in a cell , so I have to do this for a each cell. So If I set the values where do I do this, like in which event? If you want to use a GridControl holding the data, then you would have to essentially write this code for each cell, grid[rowIndex, colIndex].Cellvalue = valueForRowIndexColIndexCell. This would take some extra coding due to the multiple rows per record observation. >Do you think of using Virtual grid(which a really don’t understand very well)? You could definitely do this with a virtual grid, but it would be simpler to use a GridDataBoundGrid. How I would proceed to to get things working the way you want ignoring the 2 rows per record requirement. Just get things working with 4 cells per week using a single row. Once you have this working the way you want, then use the LayoutColumns property as in the grid\samples\databound\multiplerowsperrecord sample. That will magically take care of the complexity of using a pair of rows for each record. To handle the Covered cells on the header row, I would use the QueryCoveredRange event. Later, when you add the multiple rows per record code, you would add code in the QueryCoveredrange event to handle the covered cells in the header column.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2004 03:58 PM UTC

Please see the attached file for question and concerns. thanks dh1_63.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2004 04:26 PM UTC

>So how do you think GDBG can be used? Can be create a dataview out of it and remove the unwanted columns instead of rows? Then apply the multiplerowsperrecord if necessary? Is this something you are thinking of? Don''t worry about hidng columns with a dataview. Have a DataTable that holds ALL teh columns in 1 row, 4 per week, all in one row. You can use the LayoutColumns property from the MultiRowPerRecord sample to only show 1 col per week, or 2 cols per week, or 3 cols per week, or 4 cols per from this one table. Using this property will allow you to specify what columns you want to see in the order you want to see them on the checkbox click you mentioned earlier. >If I were to use GridControl which event should I pick for setting value in each cell or should I do it out side the grid’s event and then use grid[rowIndex, colIndex].Cellvalue = valueForRowIndexColIndexCell You would do it in Formload or where esle you are loading your data. (You might do in on a checkbox click or whatever you are using to indicate you need to load a new set of data into you GridControl. You would loop through the cells and just set teh values into the gridcontrol.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2004 05:51 PM UTC

Thanks I got it. it is going to be very easy and helpful. I was wondering is there any sample available which shows extensive (very extensive) use of GDBG’s LayoutColumns property in the MultiRowPerRecord view. I will really appreciate if you can provide something like. Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 10, 2004 07:54 AM UTC

Here is a program that implements what I understand you requirements to be. Forum_custom_1988.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 10, 2004 12:58 PM UTC

Thanks clay.

GK Gulshan Khera June 10, 2004 01:30 PM UTC

Clay Thanks for the excellent support. I was trying to run the sample Forum_custom_1988.zip sent by you to vivek. I am getting the following error when i try to open and run the application "C:\SyncFusion\Forum_custom\Form1.cs(9): ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDataBoundGrid'' does not contain a definition for ''OptimizeInsertRemoveCells''" "C:\SyncFusion\Forum_custom\Form1.cs(103): ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDataBoundGrid'' does not contain a definition for ''UseListChangedEvent''" If I comment those properties it works fine. This works fine on viveks machine without commenting anything. Do you think I need to download the latest version of GridDataBoundGrid. Thanks again for a wonderful support. Gulshan >Hi Clay, > >Thanks for your support so far. First of all i want to let you know that we are going with syncfusion. We are also planning to have couple of days or may be more for just the consulting to make sure that we are on right path and doing things right way. > >Before that you need to help me with little bit with design issue. I have attached a file detailed word document with post. In other post I gave you an sample project (redrawing issue) , which will give you little bit idea where we are going, basically what we will be trying to achieve at first step. > >Please help me to decide to what control to use and how. > >Thanks > > >dh_3699.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 10, 2004 01:53 PM UTC

I suspect you are not using version 2.0.5.1. You can download the latest release from your support home page on Direct Trac.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon