We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Add an ImageList to the LeftImageList property of the TreeViewAdv control through the VS2019 Forms designer.

Hi:
Trying to add an ImageList to the LeftImageList property of the TreeViewAdv control, both added through the VS2019 Forms designer.
I have added ImageListAdv and TreeViewAdv controls through the designer successfully.
When I try to add an image list to the Left or Right ImageList property of the TreeView, using the dropdown arrow  on the right, it reads (none) as I would expect,
but does not show my ImageList control or provide me with any means of adding an imageList through the property window.
Is this a known issue, Can anyone help? 
The online documentation for a TreeView control does not go into detail of how to do this in the designer.

3 Replies

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team December 11, 2019 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Allan, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We have checked the reported requirement regarding “Why the imagelistAdv does not access for LeftImageList property of TreeViewAdv”. This is due to the LeftImageList property is of type ImageList and it will be access the image of the same type only and not the ImageListAdv. Please find the screenshot for the same. 

On accessing the image using ImageList, it shows the option in LeftImageList property, please refer the following screenshot: 

You can refer more about how to add the image using ImageList in TreeViewAdv using the below KB: 

Regards, 
Vijayalakshmi V.R.  

AB Allan Burge December 11, 2019 03:00 PM UTC

Thanks for the prompt reply and the solution to my problem.
Have created an ImageList control, rather than an ImageListAdv and was able to see it in the dropdown for the TreeView, LeftImageList property as expected.

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team December 12, 2019 08:47 AM UTC

Hi Allan,

Thank you for your update.

We are glad that our solution meets your requirement.

Please let us know if you have any other assistance on this.

Regards,

Vijayalakshmi V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon