We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hide alert from scheduler

Hi, the attached image shows popup which opens up when I make multiple changes (back to back) to a single occurrence in a series. How do I hide this alert shown in the attachment and ALWAYS default to "NO". In other words, it should behave as if the user selected "NO" from that alert. 

Attachment: recurrence_alert_56fca393.zip

7 Replies

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team December 9, 2019 09:46 AM UTC

Hi Jose,          

Syncfusion Greetings. 

We achieved your requirement by making use of popupOpen event of the scheduler. Please refer below sample 

onPopupOpen(args: PopupOpenEventArgs): void { 
    if (args.type == "RecurrenceValidationAlert" && this.scheduleObj.currentAction == "EditSeries") { 
      // To prevent recurrence alert for your scenario. 
      args.cancel = true; 
      // To close event window 
      this.scheduleObj.eventWindow.dialogClose(); 
    } 
  } 

Kindly try with the above sample and let us know, if you need any further assistance on this.  

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

JL jose lara December 9, 2019 03:34 PM UTC

thx for your sample. Please read my question again. You are suppressing the alert and closing the editor window. Instead, I want to suppress(hide) the alert and continue AS USUAL and save the changes made by the user. Normally, If the user clicked on "NO" on the recurrence validation alert, the changes made to the editor window will be saved to all occurrences in the series, EXCEPT the dates int the recurrence exception field. 

Run your code sample again and you would notice that whatever change you made to the editor window, WILL NOT BE SAVED.  I just want to suppress the alert and proceed with saving the changes. In other words, it should behave as if the  the user clicked on "NO" on the recurrence validation alert. 

Hope this is clear to you. 

HB Hareesh Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team December 10, 2019 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Jose, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

You requirement can be achieved by disabling the enableRecurrenceValidation property, which will prevent all the recurrence related alerts and for the same we have prepared a sample, which can be viewed from the following link, 

Kindly try the above sample, if you have any concerns please revert us back for further assistance. 

Regards, 
Hareesh 

JL jose lara December 10, 2019 05:55 PM UTC

Hareesh, sorry this doesn't work either. I don't understand why my question is not being interpreted properly. I am trying my best to be descriptive, so that you can understand my requirement.

In your code sample, the alert is suppressed, but when there is a recurrence exception event, making a change to the series, also gets applied to the exception event. This is NOT what I want.  

Steps to reproduce :  Create a recurring event-> edit a single occurrence (change the time) -> then double click an another occurrence LINKED to the series-> Click "Edit series" -> change the time. You will now see that the detached occurrence also gets attached to the series, with the updated time. This is something I don't want. The detached occurrence, should exist independently even AFTER the series is changed. 

In the recurrence validation alert, clicking on "NO" will result in the behavior I am looking for. I want the same behavior WITHOUT showing the validation alert. 

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team December 11, 2019 09:39 AM UTC

Hi Jose 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We prepared below sample to prevent the alert window and ignore the changes in occurrence by making use of popupOpen event and the same can be found in the link below. 

onPopupOpen(args: PopupOpenEventArgs): void { 
    // To prevent the changes in occurence  
    this.scheduleObj.uiStateValues.isIgnoreOccurrence = true; 
  } 

Kindly try with the above sample and let us know, if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards,  
M.Vinitha devi  

AL Albert Labarento October 10, 2022 09:22 AM UTC

Is there a solution for this? Im having an exact problem

RM Ruksar Moosa Sait Syncfusion Team October 11, 2022 09:47 AM UTC

Hi Albert,

We have checked on the sample and it works fine at our end. Kindly try the below sample and if the issue persist, could you please get back to us with the below additional details that help us to validate the issue further and provide the solution earlier?

• Share with us the details of the problem you facing with our solution
  • Replicate the issue in the below sample or
  • Share us the entire code snippets

Sample: https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-18w37z?file=app.component.ts,app.component.html

Regards,

Ruksar Moosa Sait

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon