We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Printing is low quality compared to printing from ms report viewer

Hello,

When printing a report from syncfusion report viewer, the output is low quality,

when the exact same report is printed from ms report viewer the quality is great!

I attached both examples to demonstrate the difference, both are created via Microsoft Print To PDF, one is from syncfusion's report viewer, the other is from ms report viewer!

How can I print from syncfusion's report viewer in high quality?

Attachment: both_examples_2989b783.7z

3 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team December 4, 2019 06:34 AM UTC

Hi Ahmed, 

We are converting the rendered items as images that is given as input to the printer and normal 96 dpi are used in image conversion, so that the pixel problem occurred in pdf printed document. We have already exposed properties to increase the dpi values in ReportViewer, you can set the values as shown in below snippet to improve the print quality. 

reportViewer.PrintdpiY = 300; 
reportViewer.PrintdpiX = 300; 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

AH Ahmed December 4, 2019 10:42 AM UTC

Thank you very much!

That solved my problem.

Have a nice day :)

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team December 4, 2019 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Ahmed, 

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon