We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

OutOfMemory Exception showing large number of cells.

I am using the GridControl to show large grids, with no text in the cells, but colouring the backgrounds.
It works great up to the point where I use the ZoomScale property to zoom out and see the whole grid at once.
With say a 200x200 grid it works fine but is a bit slow. With larger sizes though, say 500x500 plus, while it is fine when only displaying a small number of cells at once, if I do the Zoom Out to show the whole grid, it hangs until an OutOfMemoryException is thrown.

So my question is, is there anything I can do, e.g. turning off any settings that would make the chance of it displaying more likely?
I have tried setting the following properties
 grid.Model.Options.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridCellActivateAction.None;
                grid.Model.Options.AllowExcelLikeResizing = false;
                grid.Model.Options.AllowSelection =  Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridSelectionFlags.None;
and also setting every cell style to "Static", which maybe helps a bit but not still get the Exceptions.
I thought about trying the Virtualising option, but given this is a case of showing all the cells at once, I suspect this wouldn't help.

1 Reply

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team December 3, 2019 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Tom, 

Thank you for using Synsfusion products. 

We have analyzed the reported scenario in our WPF GridControl and in GridControl cells are not drawn or rendered manually while zooming in/out and just used the default scaling option (adjusted the  ScaleX and ScaleY of ScaleTransform based on the zooming percentage) of system framework to change the grid visual container which dependent on WPF platform. So we confirmed as it is not a control issue and it is related WPF platform. 

If you have any other queries, please get back to us. 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon