We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to get reference of Ribbon Tab,group and contents dynamically?

Hello,

I am evaluating ejRibbion.

During evluation, I am facing issue with getting reference of a child item( button/splitButton/drop-down/Togglebutton, etc) in ejRibbon.

How many ways I can dynamically get reference of any Tab/Group/Content added in jRibbon at design time?
Could you please help me out on this.

Thanks in Advance.

RoshanJ

1 Reply

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 28, 2019 05:22 AM UTC

Hi Roshan, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your requirement. It seems you need to get reference of child items inside Ribbon like button, dropdownlist etc. Id for these controls will be formed based on the ribbon id. So, using this Id you can get control’s instance as shown in the below code for required controls. 

function Getinstance() 
      { 
         console.log($("#defaultRibbon").data("ejTab")); //Tab instance 
         console.log( $("#defaultRibbon_fontfamily").data("ejDropDownList")); //DropDownList instance 
         console.log( $("#defaultRibbon_paste").data("ejSplitButton")); //SplitButton instance 
         console.log( $("#defaultRibbon_bold").data("ejToggleButton"));//ToggleButton instance 

} 

For customizing groups, you can use updateGroup method of Ribbon. Refer to the below UG links for more details on Ribbon  

Please let us know if any concern. 

Regards, 
Keerthana.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon