We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: June 24, 2019).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback
Essential JS2

Syncfusion jQuery based widgets are no longer in active development. Switch to our pure JavaScript based next generation Essential JS 2 library.

How to get reference of Ribbon Tab,group and contents dynamically?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

149479 Nov 27,2019 09:56 AM UTC Nov 28,2019 05:22 AM UTC jQuery 1
Tags: ejRibbon
Roshan Jaiswal
Asked On November 27, 2019 09:56 AM UTC

Hello,

I am evaluating ejRibbion.

During evluation, I am facing issue with getting reference of a child item( button/splitButton/drop-down/Togglebutton, etc) in ejRibbon.

How many ways I can dynamically get reference of any Tab/Group/Content added in jRibbon at design time?
Could you please help me out on this.

Thanks in Advance.

RoshanJ

Keerthana Rajendran [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 28, 2019 05:22 AM UTC

Hi Roshan, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your requirement. It seems you need to get reference of child items inside Ribbon like button, dropdownlist etc. Id for these controls will be formed based on the ribbon id. So, using this Id you can get control’s instance as shown in the below code for required controls. 

function Getinstance() 
      { 
         console.log($("#defaultRibbon").data("ejTab")); //Tab instance 
         console.log( $("#defaultRibbon_fontfamily").data("ejDropDownList")); //DropDownList instance 
         console.log( $("#defaultRibbon_paste").data("ejSplitButton")); //SplitButton instance 
         console.log( $("#defaultRibbon_bold").data("ejToggleButton"));//ToggleButton instance 

} 

For customizing groups, you can use updateGroup method of Ribbon. Refer to the below UG links for more details on Ribbon  

Please let us know if any concern. 

Regards, 
Keerthana.  

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

Live Chat Icon For mobile
Live Chat Icon