We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Task Bar Animation

Is there an event that fires when the TaskBar starts and stops its animation for collapsing/expanding? This is important for the same reason I trap it for autohide on dockable controls: I have an animation running in the client area. In this case, the animation of the collapse/expand is very slow and "hitches" because the other animation is chewing up the CPU. I solved this for the docking autohides by pausing the animation during the animation (AutoHideAnimationStart/AutoHideAnimationStop events). I'd want the event in the XPTaskBar itself, not the individual task boxes so I can write the code once. I'm not sure how many other Essential Tools controls have animation in them, but I'd imagine this issue would apply to them all. -- David

3 Replies

DA David November 5, 2002 02:30 PM UTC

While I'm asking.... is there any control over the animation speed itself in terms of a property or such? That'd be useful for fine tuneing its behavior. -- David

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 5, 2002 08:43 PM UTC

David, We will add such events to the XPTaskBarBox and other Controls that use animation (in our next major version). We will have a release sometime this week and that will not include this feature. For the XPTaskBarBoxs, you could listen to the Click event which will be called when the user clicks on the box and pause your animation for a while. There is also a AnimationDelayInMilliSeconds static field in XPTaskBarBox that you could use to adjust the speed of animation. Regards, PRaveen Ramesh

DA David November 7, 2002 02:45 AM UTC

Ah, the click event... a reasonable workaround since I have a fair idea how long I have to delay (and it doesn't need to be scientific). Thanks! -- David

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon